• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's not as if stadiums are overflowing TBF. So they might as well prepare result oriented wickets and bring more people in for shorter games, but much more exciting cricket. Maybe they get more money out of their TV deals the longer the match goes on though.
It's TV.

Blaze 18

Banned
It would just be SO SO nice if people understand that rankings and averages ONLY show you what one has done SO FAR and never what they are gonna do... Of course, it is possible for NZ to play like world champions for 2 tests and a minnow in the next test and their actual level may well be something in between... As I often say, real cricket matches don't go the way the sims will want them to go... This is just the most ridiculous argument I have read on CW, and there have been MANY.... :)
That is so so true. The rankings only rate teams based on performances over a particular time period; it cannot predict what is going to happen in the future, obviously.

Ruckus

International Captain
Btw I apologise on my on Jonno's behalf for hijacking this thread somewhat, I hope this brings it back on track:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The sooner the ICC adopt Crowe's concept of the World Test Championship finals series being played every 2 years, the better. That'll spice Test cricket up.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Team of the Series

1) Sehwag
2) McCullum
3) Dravid
4) Laxman
5) Ryder
6) Williamson
7) Vettori
8) Dhoni
9) Singh
10) Zaheer
11) Martin

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The sooner the ICC adopt Crowe's concept of the World Test Championship finals series being played every 2 years, the better. That'll spice Test cricket up.
Don't like the fact it is not a series...should be best out of three for the final.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Team of the Series

1) Sehwag
2) McCullum
3) Dravid
4) Laxman
5) Ryder
6) Williamson
7) Vettori
8) Dhoni
9) Singh
10) Zaheer
11) Martin
I actually made a mental note of my team of the series when I was looking at the averages in the Herald this morning, and came up with exactly the same XI as you. Would never have thought that we'd have five New Zealanders in the team of the series before the series started, particularly after the efforts in Bangladesh.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Team of the Series

1) Sehwag
2) McCullum
3) Dravid
4) Laxman
5) Ryder
6) Williamson
7) Vettori
8) Dhoni
9) Singh
10) Zaheer
11) Martin
Maybe Ishant for Zaheer. That's a good team, shows how well NZ performed on the whole, 6 Indians, 5 Kiwis.

Blaze 18

Banned
1) Virender Sehwag
2) Brendon McCullum
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Jesse Ryder
5) VVS Laxman
6) MS Dhoni
7) Harbhajan Singh
8) Daniel Vettori
9) Zaheer Khan
10)Ishant Sharma