• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wondering if anyone on CW can give me a grade on Watling's keeping from having watched him for any decent length of time? Is he a Sinclair-style obvious part-timer?

If he challenged McGlashan for the four-day gloves at ND this summer by saying "Guptill's 85's shafted me a little, Jamie How also in the wings and coming back into favour, I'm thinking about replacing ****kins to win my long-term test future" would it be crazy talk? Apart from the use of '****kins' in public I mean?

Dissector

International Debutant
Why does Nagpur keep getting so many tests? In the last 7 years I think it has gotten more tests than any other city in India, mostly in front of pitiful crowds. I know that this test was originally supposed to be in Bombay but couldn't they have given it to Calcutta for example?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Why does Nagpur keep getting so many tests? In the last 7 years I think it has gotten more tests than any other city in India, mostly in front of pitiful crowds. I know that this test was originally supposed to be in Bombay but couldn't they have given it to Calcutta for example?
Nagpur is the BCCI president's hometown :dry:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Calcutta is out of favor with the BCCI - it's the home association of Jagmohan Dalmiya. The current regime booted him out of power and is punishing him and his allies. Nagpur is run by the Vidarbha Cricket Association, the president of that association until 2009 was Shanshak Manohar - the current President of the BCCI.

So there you go. The fair and transparent processes of the BCCI.....

Days of Grace

International Captain
Sunil Gavaskar's pitch report ends with "This is a batting paradise."

These pitches are killing test cricket.

Is this what the BCCI wants?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
B Mac - injured himself in warmups - may not open.

Oh yeah + Vettori has won the toss and NZ will bat.

Batsmans paradise - however, NZ could and would be most likely to get out cheaply given their past performances.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ishant and T-Mac both looking pretty good in that over. I wonder who they'll go for at number 3. Taylor? Ryder? Maybe Kane?

Dissector

International Debutant
This is looking worse and worse for India. Injured Zaheer,delayed start,flat pitch and losing the toss. I seriously don't see how India is going to pick up 20 wickets. I just hope the batting is good enough to get the draw but a 0-0 result is going to be a serious embarassment. Why didn't they prepare a turning track?

Last edited: