• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Cairns & McMillan are our best players of spin...they can be absolutely brutal.
McMillan is such a good player of spin but he gets arrogant far too often after hitting a couple of sixes & then throws his wicket away.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
His strike-rate is an incredible 38! and even Richardson is making the charge on poor old Giles, how embarassing.

Craig

World Traveller
50.4 Giles to Richardson, FOUR, down the pitch, lofted well over mid on, picked his spot, always under control

See he can play aggresively.

NZ 170-1

McCullum 89* and Richardson 61*

Richardson should be even more deterimed to make a ton since this will probably be is last chance at playing at Lords.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This has been a classic test match. The best test match in terms of pure cricket satisfaction I have got in years..

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Richardson continues to attempt the charge...I think he's closing in on top form at the moment.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
McCullum is struggling big time against Jones..I think the thought of a century at Lords is weighing very heavily on his mind.

tooextracool

International Coach
this is much better bowling from simon jones....giles continues his rubbish and i think this will probably be his last test match in england.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Richardson needs to face Simon Jones for awhile & allow McCullum to try and get his 9 runs quickly off Giles.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Richardson need's to do something..calm McCullum down or something because at this rate he won't get a century.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tim said:
Richardson needs to face Simon Jones for awhile & allow McCullum to try and get his 9 runs quickly off Giles.

Its not that easy with Giles bowling down the leg side. McCullum has tried a few times to plonk it but failed. Pressure by Jones from the other end. Good test cricket this.

Loony BoB

International Captain
So, what's the best way to attack these swing balls? I've been waiting for the commentators to give their input but they're all concentrating on the bowling right now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Loony BoB said:
So, what's the best way to attack these swing balls? I've been waiting for the commentators to give their input but they're all concentrating on the bowling right now.
There isn't. This is an absolutely fabulous spell by Jones to McCullum

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It is indeed..although there's also no doubt that the century is putting McCullum under huge pressure.

At least Giles is willing to help McCullum out where possible.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Loony BoB said:
You play the waiting game.

As I speak Jones has got McCullum. Awesome stuff by Jones. And Giles bowling down the leg side helped frustrate him too. Good pressure from both ends did it.