• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really, Lords is where we have to step up. England consistantly underperform here
Hmm... interesting one, that.

Last year we had completely the better of draws against India and West Indies and would pretty well unquestionably have won had more time been available.

In 2006 we had the better of a comfortable draw with Pakistan and would have beaten Sri Lanka but for dropped catches.

In 2005 we were hammered by Australia.

In 2004 we beat West Indies and you lot, the former emphatically, the latter via something of a comeback.

In 2003 we were hammered by South Africa, with much in chaos at the time.

In 2002 we easily beat India and pulled-off a sterling comeback to draw with Sri Lanka.

In 2001 we were hammered by Australia due to dropped catches and hammered Pakistan without them.

In 2000 we scraped home against West Indies in the greatest Test in history and hammered Zimbabwe.

That's not a bad set of results in recent times. The only real fallibility was dropped catches, which has afflicted both sides (and obviously I wish it hadn't done either).

The previous 16 years were far, far less distinguished, however - between '84 and '99 we won just 4 (and lost 11) out of 23, and 2 of those came against the pretty weak Sri Lankans of '88 and '91.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is probably you most positvie post ever, when ironically, we're in one of our worst situations ever.:p
I know, I know, it's terrible! I blame the schools. Oh and the flu med induced high I've been on for the last 24 hours.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
These are all of previous generations - things have changed in recent times (ie, the last 10-15 years or so). Warne could conceivably be the last of those whose weight-control is truly poor to play international cricket.
You may be right (trying to think of rotund players - Key, Flintoff*), but I don't really think it is that much of a problem in the game. If he scores runs, he scores runs. I guess if he does selected and his form wavers, there is something to complain about.

* Old Flintoff.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pffffttt, weather isn't looking so flash a few days out....forecast for showers Thurs, Fri and Sat :dry:

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
I am so fired up for thursday, it would be so good if we could just put some runs on the board to shut up the ****y English press. James Marshall is going to suprise you all and show us that he has changed!

simmy

International Regular
Guys,

Im off to Lords tomorrow :D but obviously really worried about the whole rain situation despite the ***y drainage facilities now in place at Lords.

I am in row 11 of the Grandstand, does anyone know if the Grandstand will shelter us from the rain???

Thanks in advance.