• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
HAHAHA!!! Pure Gold! James Marshall dismissed by a man probably twice his age!! That's brilliant. Roll on his performances in the test series!

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Let's hope they bring it in the 4 day stuff starting tomorrow? :dry:

Nonetheless, good to see Fulton getting some runs. Maybe he just needed the English air to get his form back. Note that the play is interrupted a few times to rain so batsmen will probably find it a bit disconcerting going in and out of the crease at various times.

Not that it's any excuse for Marshall and Flynn.

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/engvnz/content/story/347728.html

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Meanwhile... (really couldn't be bothered finding a better thread for this)

New Zealand Cricket today announced the players to receive winter contracts for 2008.

The players are:

Neil Broom (State Otago Volts)
Grant Elliott (State Wellington Firebirds)
Martin Guptill (State Auckland Aces)
Greg Hay (State Central Stags)
Nathan McCullum (State Otago Volts)
Bradley Scott (State Otago Volts)
BJ Watling (State Northern Knights)

The contracts run from 19 May 2008 to the end of September, before the resumption of Major Association contracts.

The period includes the Emerging Players Tournament in Queensland in July and the New Zealand A tour of India in September.

“These contracts have been awarded in recognition of their performance in the last domestic season,” said selector Glenn Turner.

“We have identified them as possible future BLACKCAPS, or as players who we expect to build on existing international experience.

“They are likely to feature in some of our winter tour programmes, including our A team or Emerging Players squads, and there is an expectation that they will keep working on their game during the winter.”
http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/content/blackcaps/latestblackcapsnews/11715/winter-contracts.aspx

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Yee haw, Watling and Guptill. :) Both openers.

Agreed with Flem's sentiments about Elliot. His bowling is embarassing for international standards. He's not getting any younger either, so for a developed cricketer, he's a dud. :huh:

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Heath's contempt for the Marshalls belies his usual common sense posts - :laugh:

I thought I was the only one capable of making ridiculous sermonts. :ph34r:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heath's contempt for the Marshalls belies his usual common sense posts - :laugh:
My contempt for the Marshalls is only surpassed by my contempt for people wasting my time with the vacuous sort of garbage that should be saved for the tittle-tattle pages of some poxy women's magazine.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Tomato would be "Tom" for Martin for Marto. :ph34r: At least according to McCullum.

And yes, O Brien is there. Shocking thing is, Mills is the bowler yet to come back to this lineup, so this is pretty much full strength with Southee getting bowled to the ground again atm. Same as the last bowling innings where England went on that huge partnership with Strauss and Bell.

Martin, don't bring that 04 form to this tour. Please.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Tomato would be "Tom" for Martin for Marto. :ph34r: At least according to McCullum.
Okey Dokey.

At this rate we'll only be chasing about 120-130. Definitely think we need to whack Key in the head with a bouncer though, limit Englands opening options.

Good news is last I heard Geraint Jones still can't catch. Hopefully this continues.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
I hope wickets are shared between Marto and Southee, our premier bowlers. :laugh:

Being a 3 day match, would they try for a result, or just bowl / bat till time?

Flem274*

123/5
I hope wickets are shared between Marto and Southee, our premier bowlers. :laugh:

Being a 3 day match, would they try for a result, or just bowl / bat till time?
Oops didn't realize it was three days.

Right, bowl em out. Battinf practice for two days, compulsory. Lets learn how to bat time.