• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Leslie1

U19 Captain
England should sack their batting coach.

I remembered KP being a devastating slasher / dominating batsman and to see him reduced to a prodder and gets out like Vaughan is such a shame.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This follow-on mark is the only one we're likely to reach now. Even that's not yet completely guaranteed.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Smith will be stoked his prediction of Pietersen caught Taylor bowled Vettori came true

_Ed_

Collingwood's a pretty good guy to have coming in when you're in a situation like this though.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Oram's injury isn't too serious according to BBC. Landed on point of his Right Shoulder in Slip practice this morning so has a bit of numbness and is resting up.
Hopefully we should see him later today as he will be needed from O'Brien's end

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England should sack their batting coach.

I remembered KP being a devastating slasher / dominating batsman and to see him reduced to a prodder and gets out like Vaughan is such a shame.
I highly doubt Andy Flower is responsible for that. Pietersen was never going to fulfill his potential playing as he was early career - he needed to add another string to his bow. Trouble currently is he doesn't always seem certain which gameplan to use, now he has both ways of playing.

pasag

RTDAS
Bell gone, first time I've had a good look at O'Brien and it makes you wonder where the 'dire' calls were coming from.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyway, while the forum has been down, Bell is juggled but taken by Taylor. O'Brien (at less than 2-an-over so far) gets a third wicket.

Unless it rains or a minor miracle happens, we've had it in this match.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll have to admit OBrien has looked good. Maybe he just needs a consistent run in the side. He needs to continue showing this however.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bell gone, first time I've had a good look at O'Brien and it makes you wonder where the 'dire' calls were coming from.
Because he truly was awful in his opening 4 Tests. He's been nigh on unrecogniseable from his previous stuff this game.

Collingwood almost drags-on Vettori. Then lbw next ball.

Odds on us not making the follow-on target anyone?

_Ed_

He's been fantastic. Full credit to him.

Collingwood's gone! Quite a satisfactory opening session so far for NZ.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Oh my god. This is the almighty England. Are we seriously going to go delirious when we win this one.

Please NZ, don't choke!!