• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Stapel

International Regular
I was thinking he had been given out caught behind and was surprised to the decision stayed, only to learn he was LBW. Oh well......

Meridio

International Regular
Ugh. Thought that looked like an umpire's call shout live, and was proven correct.

Pitch definitely showing signs of variable bounce, but I want at least another 70 runs given how much time is left in the game. Not a lot of batting to come either despite what happened in the first innings.

GGG

State Captain
Er how did it not look out in ball tracking?
I am not sure about ball tracking, I wish they would continue it to the keeper as I am sure a some of them would be taken on the bounce or at his ankles according to ball tracker.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo boss comment: "Umpires call is like arguing with my wife, the same information proves she is right or wrong depending on her original view point!"

:happy:

layorz

Cricket Spectator
Er how did it not look out in ball tracking?
Pitched outside and going over the top, with barely any of the ball clipping bails.

Had the on-field call been not out, it'd have been ruled not out by a mile and the commentators would be praising the umpire for a great call. Unfortunately for McCullum the on-field call was out and despite the balls only merit being hitting in line he gets an out. Notably the commentators then justify the decision rather than praise it. Hence, lucky. Good for Wood.

91Jmay

International Coach
Wood has bowled really well second innings. NZ should get well past 350 which will be too much. Credit to BJ and BMac batted very well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pitched outside and going over the top, with barely any of the ball clipping bails.

Had the on-field call been not out, it'd have been ruled not out by a mile and the commentators would be praising the umpire for a great call. Unfortunately for McCullum the on-field call was out and despite the balls only merit being hitting in line he gets an out. Notably the commentators then justify the decision rather than praise it. Hence, lucky. Good for Wood.
It was going on to clip the stumps.

If the ball clips the stumps, the bails tend to come off.

Your logic is lacking here.

BeeGee

International Captain

lol

Last edited:

layorz

Cricket Spectator
It was going on to clip the stumps.

If the ball clips the stumps, the bails tend to come off.

Your logic is lacking here.
Don't be silly, you know full well the regulations surrounding drs and umpires call. Had that been England reviewing a not out, it'd still be not out despite "going on to clip the stumps". I'm sorry that fact offends your logic