• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Baz really needs to trust his ability to see off the moving ball without resorting to limited over type gimmicks.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli hasn't really done that at Test level though. Kinda weird because he pretty obviously has the potential but thus far in Tests he's mostly just played sort of standard "good" Test innings (if quite a lot of them last summer).

Rahane tbh.
Rahane will end up fading away in test cricket over the next couple of years or so. Don't see what the fuss is about tbh. He's ridiculously over rated on here. Everyone always raves on about what a great player he is, I just think he's nothing more than a solid player at best who finds ways to get out.

Ordinary.

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Rahane will end up fading away in test cricket over the next couple of years or so. Don't see what the fuss is about tbh. He's ridiculously over rated on here. Everyone always races on about what a great player he is, I just think he's nothing more than a solid player at best who finds ways to get out.

Ordinary.
That's being harsh on the one Indian batsman who's played practically all his tests away from the subcontinent and put up respectable numbers.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Rahane will end up fading away in test cricket over the next couple of years or so. Don't see what the fuss is about tbh. He's ridiculously over rated on here. Everyone always races on about what a great player he is, I just think he's nothing more than a solid player at best who finds ways to get out.

Ordinary.
This is my vote. He will be solid though as you note.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Really feel we needed to make the most of the pressure over the last hour. Could be a long day from here.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not saying it's unfair i'm just asking if he would be the same player had he not been playing county cricket? And if not then what the likes of Smith, Kohli etc are doing must be extra special seeing as they have done it with no extra platform to hone their skills.
That extra platform has to actually be of some use to honing your skills though. If you began in the best system, you'd get extra match practice elsewhere and it would be beneficial, but you'd still be a hell of a player if you had the talent. You're not automatically at an advantage because you play in two different places.