• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
100% agree and the funny thing is we've got Jimmy Adams as the coach of Kent and Toby Radford, who has vast links to WI cricket and is coach of Glamorgan yet neither are even looking at our players 8-) .
Glamorgan have pretty much no money (I can't imagining them doing the Allenby-for-Meschede swap with Somerset if they were in a comfortable enough financial position to keep Allenby), and getting an experienced overseas player to captain them is far more beneficial to their club than giving young guys experience; they need the stability to hopefully get some results.

Meanwhile Kent don't have an overseas player, presumably because they can't afford one (they do have Brendon Nash as a Kolpak, though).

I reckon Brathwaite to Durham would be a good fit next season.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I missed the whole of yesterday's game for no good reason :@, so whatever I say here will probably be a big blob of deja vu. Great batting by New Zealand. The pitch seems rather flat though, so I guess it was an important toss to win and getting those 4 wickets at the top.

And to be fair to the English selectors, the selection of Stokes and Ali was for exactly such an occasion of collapse, and it worked well. Although they will not be out of the wood until they replace Broad, at least for a couple of tests.

Guptill making it good must be a huge relief for New Zealand. The second opener was probably their biggest chink in the armor.

Athlai

Not Terrible
At 24 Williamson only needs tons in Australia, SA and Zimbabwe to have an away hundred against each team.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon Bravo would be a complete flop in County Cricket. Not an attempt to diss him as a batsman, but he's a completely different character to Williamson IMO. I couldn't see Darren getting himself up for the daily grind of county cricket matches in the way that Kane regularly has, and he's not quite good enough (read: isn't one of the greatest in history) to paper over that.

I don't see him as a guy for whom the idea of spending six months of your life living in a freezing cold, grey, rainy outer county, travelling all around the country to play day-in, day-out against 70mph hacks and the odd genuine quality player in front of six men and a dog.

Kane, on the other hand, would light up at reading that description.
its coz he's black isnt it dan

Niall

International Coach
Come on Dan you're better than that...the fact is it's been years since we had young talent picked up by county's even though they are doing well at international level. Yet as i mentioned in my last post NZ's players are getting a crack and fair play to them.
I dunno man.

I think what hurts the West Indies guys is you have tours going on at the same time as county cricket, so they really aren't that attractive as options for four day cricket. Holder would benefit hugely from time in England but when will he ever play, with test tours and the cpl?

To be fair, they do get picked up for t20 stuff all the time understandably, astonished that nobody has signed Russell yet btw.