• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Antihippy

International Debutant
Mark wood looks pretty alright. Seems to be type that gets a lot of hangtime in his delivery action. Doesn't get as much as ashok dinda though.

Meridio

International Regular
Good session for us, very happy to get through to lunch without loss. Wood looks pretty good imo, has been the pick of the England bowlers. Broad and Anderson just a touch short overall I think, we were defending off the back foot a lot which gives that extra little bit of time to adjust to any movement.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really?

Sucks for Wood though, I really do hate that 'alright better check if this is a no ball because he took a wicket crap'
Wary/unsure would be more appropriate, he's looked surprised a couple of times with Wood.

Liking Wood's groove though, hope England give him a good run.

Flem274*

123/5
England still in front, but they need to pitch it up. Usually too short to threaten Damien Fleming's #HenryHallwayofHesitation consistently.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Impressed with Latham so far - tidy economical movements, straight bat and compact. England just starting to hone in on offstump where he often nicks off - probably haven't bowled enough there to him yet.
Nicking off on off stump is overplayed as a technical flaw. There's a reason bowlers aim for off stump and it's that there isn't too much a batsman can do about it. But I will say that he has a problem in closing the bat face because the bat comes down at an angle. It's not a massive technical flaw but it is something that I'm pretty sure he's working on.

Great first session.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Cannot see Wood lasting through the summer regardless of how well he bowls, given his action
Not the same kind of bowler but the best country bowler statistically for years (Mark Davies) never got a game because of his injuries partly caused by his action.

At least Wood isn't overdoing it in the gym ala Tremlett which seemed to be doing more harm than good.