• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate that's nuts

Guptill is obviously a fine ball-striker but until tonight he'd had a crap series. Not many runs and slow scoring as well.

Duminy scored runs left, right, and centre, that's the most important thing- and he has the domestic record behind him to suggest it was no fluke.

Pretty unbelievable anyone could watch Guptill and Duminy this Australian summer and reckon Guptill is better. A bigger and cleaner hitter, sure.
Tbh, wasnt really impressed with Duminy and think the SA selectors have done Oz a massive favour by leaving both he and Mackenzie in the team at the expense of Prince

Days of Grace

International Captain
If this game teaches us anything it is that Taylor should be banned from 20/20 matches after this year's IPL. Let him make his million, and then get him out of that format.

Because after all the hard work that he has put into his game, T20 matches just turn him into a manic slogger, as shown tonight. I fear we will be back to square one after this year's IPL.

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tbh, wasnt really impressed with Duminy and think the SA selectors have done Oz a massive favour by leaving both he and Mackenzie in the team at the expense of Prince
dude, you are on crack - must b sumthin in the water over there

GGG

State Captain
Guptil and Ryder opening Fulton at 3 and mcCullum at 6 or 7 replacing Broom, who by no means is out of the picture.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smack?

Must be kidding.

Aussie pace attack except Siddle should hold no worries for Saffers if they play Johnson using brains.
The same SA that folded like a crap poker hand in Sydney?

Guys. we're not talking about a great team here

Polo23

International Debutant
If this game teaches us anything it is that Taylor should be banned from 20/20 matches after this year's IPL. Let him make his million, and then get him out of that format.

Because after all the hard work that he has put into his game, T20 matches just turn him into a manic slogger, as shown tonight. I fear we will be back to square one after this year's IPL.
Agree completely. The shot tonight was atrocious, and I never recall him playing it before T20 became a regular thing.

I can't remember an occasion where the weather gods had not favoured the Australians. WC 07 final and now this, a series decider. Just pathetic but i'm enjoying their decline into the wilderness. You'll keep reading delusional posts about Australia fighting back to the number one spot but it won't happen. Once they're below SL in the rankings, i'll be getting wasted.

Precambrian

Banned
The same SA that folded like a crap poker hand in Sydney?

Guys. we're not talking about a great team here
Eh?

For starters they didn't have Smith, their best batsman for two innings.

And they didn;t exactly fold, right? With a bit of luck, they might have seen it to a draw.