• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Precambrian

Banned
Yeah, because we never banned bond21 for aggressive trolling.
I was not active then, so I don't know.

What are you saying?
Simple. Virtually every post of his is trolling. And every discussion with him degenerates into some post or the other berating India/Indian fans, even if it is totally out of context. And while any other person would have atleast got a warning for such posts, this guy cooly gets away with such stuff.

Or Ernest. :ph34r:
He was supporting Australian cricket, and did not fit in the stereotype of an Aussie fan.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And btw do the batsmen out in the middle decide when to take the batting powerplay, or does the captain communicate with umpire or his players to employ it.
Was always under the impression it was the batsmen but wouldn't mind this clarified by someone who knows?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Batsmen out on the ground take it. Captain might send out a message to the batsmen with some gloves or something though.

Precambrian

Banned
Oh wait, you aren't a moderator. And your history means you can't really talk on this subject.

I'd be careful if I was you.
Why not? I am not talking as if I was moderator of this forum. I have done stuff in the past which embarassed me as well as others, for which I apologised and copped a ban. So I served out the punishment.

However, how can you deem I am not "qualified" to report stuff I deem not conducive or inflammatory?

Anyway, I wish not turn this thread into a rant thread. I wanted to register my deepest concern for a member getting away with such trolling posts.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
He was supporting Australian cricket, and did not fit in the stereotype of an Aussie fan.
So... he was an Aussie then? You're agreeing?

Honestly, you're the worst poster on this forum. Go post video comments on youtube or something and stop trying to "moderate" perfectly reasonable discussion of a game of cricket FFS. Social said something dumb and people called him out on it. You coming in here and calling for him to be banned is... well, about as necessary as every other piece of inane gibberish you post.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah, because we never banned bond21 for aggressive trolling.
Yeah poor form indeed by Precam to question the integrity of the mods, but mate what's with that avatar, its horrible, avatar bet??

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Why not? I am not talking as if I was moderator of this forum. I have done stuff in the past which embarassed me as well as others, for which I apologised and copped a ban. So I served out the punishment.

However, how can you deem I am not "qualified" to report stuff I deem not conducive or inflammatory?

Anyway, I wish not turn this thread into a rant thread. I wanted to register my deepest concern for a member getting away with such trolling posts.
If you want to report the post, then report it and don't bother making accusations on the forum itself which hijack discussion.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach

Report function, use it.

Precambrian

Banned
Perhaps you shouldn't throw around accusations of bias and favourtism in the moderator ranks if you aren't aware of recent forum history.
Excuse me for my ignorance. But having a history of banning Bond21, does not explain Social not getting a warning, does it?

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
If the aussies lose another wicket before they take this power play, then the game may well be over.
Though, if haddin and hussey are still there the aussies could get themselves right back in this match.
Looks like ponting is hoping these to can bat past the earlier 40 over mark.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Excuse me for my ignorance. But having a history of banning Bond21, does not explain Social not getting a warning, does it?
I was responding to implication that Social hasn't been banned purely because he is Australian, by pointing out that we have banned an Australian for exactly the issue you're talking about. The specific case doesn't really interest me much because you're calling for someone to be banned based on the fact that they got the rules wrong which is too ridiculous to bother with; you dragged me in by indirectly accusing the moderators of being biased with the "Oh wait, he's Aussie" comment. I don't really appreciate that and I've replied accordingly.