• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Julian87

State Captain
I'm going out on a limb and saying Hopes could never play an innings, opening at international level like Haddin just did.

Just putting it out there.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually, you could clearly hear Haddin say 'no, NO!, argh...' for it. Otherwise I'd be with you.

You can comment on him when he's in your side.
Hmmm. Didn't hear that call, but I cannot believe that White was at fault for that. White set off after Haddin, it was Haddin's call. If White ran without a call, that is completely unacceptible at this level.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm going out on a limb and saying Hopes could never play an innings, opening at international level like Haddin just did.

Just putting it out there.
Yeah I'll concede I was wrong with the Haddin/Hopes thing. I still don't really think Haddin's the answer opening long term but he deserves a run at it now.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Australia really have made a pig’s ear out of their last 20 overs all summer. It will be criminal if they don’t get 300 here even though 270 odd should be enough.

Cameron White just showed what he is, a slogger.

Julian87

State Captain
Yeah I'll concede I was wrong with the Haddin/Hopes thing. I still don't really think Haddin's the answer opening long term but he deserves a run at it now.
Possibly not, but if it is between him and the likes of Warner/Hopes, I'd pick him every time. I don't like Marsh either, and won't until he stops getting out playing ridiculously lazy shots.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you believe Heath's posts, O'Brien hasn't actually improved as a bowler since he played in South Africa - he's merely replicated what he does in domestic cricket more closely. Judging by O'Brien's domestic record, I'm inclined to believe that.
If?!? Pfft. I've watched a lot of Wellington cricket, and some of the club cricket that O'Brien's played (his club, Petone-Riverside are based about 500yds from my house, so I've watched a few games there). Of late, as I've been back playing cricket, I've seen a lot less domestic cricket - just a couple of 20:20s and one-dayers this year. Being based out in Petone rather than living in Wellington like I was 3 years ago makes going to the Basin more difficult.

pup11

International Coach
C'mon Ferg and Huss, its upto you guys now, but seriously have Australia got any clue as to what to do during a batting power-play, all they seem to do during a batting power-play is lose wickets playing atrocious shots.

Flem274*

123/5
4 dayers or one dayers? I have to say I didn't expect him to be much of a success in ODIs. He's been pleasantly surprising in this series. Not destructive, but quite restrictive - bowling a heavy ball and bowling an exceptional length.

My "domestic hit rate" has been pretty good of late. Was picking Taylor & Ryder 4 years ago then Broom & Flynn back in early 2006. Just need Houghton to get a bit of traction in the Wellington 4 day unit and my domestic hit rate will be 100%.

Another wicket for O'Brien after a lovely pull shot from White the ball before. Poor dismissal.
Both (only one 4-dayer though off memory). also I didn't know as much as I know now after joining CW, so my judgement was probably, to be blunt, ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If?!? Pfft. I've watched a lot of Wellington cricket, and some of the club cricket that O'Brien's played (his club, Petone-Riverside are based about 500yds from my house, so I've watched a few games there). Of late, as I've been back playing cricket, I've seen a lot less domestic cricket - just a couple of 20:20s and one-dayers this year. Being based out in Petone rather than living in Wellington like I was 3 years ago makes going to the Basin more difficult.
Yeah I don't doubt you; I just didn't want to make it a statement of fact given I've never actually seen him bowl for Wellington.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really top stuff from McCullum today, looks like he's in a bit of pain but he's 100% committed.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I don't doubt you; I just didn't want to make it a statement of fact given I've never actually seen him bowl for Wellington.
Since his test success he has no equal in domestic cricket. Thompson, Wagner, Bond....thats probably it (Mason, with his similar record has dropped off now, though injuries havent helped).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hopefully this innings displays all the reasons I believe Mike Hussey should always bat at 6.