• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbh, not even you can deny he used to be awful. :p

You've been in his bins for a long time, what on earth have you found?
No - he was never awful, he was overawed by international cricket at first, and the pressure got to him. He was dropped and came back with a more determined mind and has succeeded. At no point was he "awful" an error in many people's judgement, as I attested at the time. If you'd seen him play in domestic cricket, you'd have known he was capable of much better than he showed in his first international footsteps.

And in his bins I've found a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the 2nd page of the Treaty of Waitangi and a bucket full of "naughty" smilies. I'm assuming that Voltman's been throwing his trash in O'Brien's bins this week.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No - he was never awful, he was overawed by international cricket at first, and the pressure got to him. He was dropped and came back with a more determined mind and has succeeded. At no point was he "awful" an error in many people's judgement, as I attested at the time. If you'd seen him play in domestic cricket, you'd have known he was capable of much better than he showed in his first international footsteps.

And in his bins I've found a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the 2nd page of the Treaty of Waitangi and a bucket full of "naughty" smilies. I'm assuming that Voltman's been throwing his trash in O'Brien's bins this week.
Backing Heath on this one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Great run out from McCullum. And those criticising White for that, pull ya bloody head in - that was Haddin's call - pure and simple. Haddin's fault.

Yes, we know White's no Shane Warne, but he's not as much of a ****ing cretard as some are at pains to make him out to be.

Flem274*

123/5

Overawed, pie chucking, whatever, it doesn't matter, he wasn't doing to business. Now however he is easily the MIP in the last ten years and an absolute legend.

I had seen him bowl in domestics too btw, made the mistake of thinking he was another journeyman, and I admit that.

pup11

International Coach
How discplined have the kiwi bowlers been during a powerplay or the death overs, have been pretty much spot on with their lines and lengths.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great run out from McCullum. And those criticising White for that, pull ya bloody head in - that was Haddin's call - pure and simple. Haddin's fault.
I am not White's biggest fan despite being a Victorian, but I too am confused at people blaming him for Haddin's run out.

Haddin's call, and White only hesitated because he wanted to see where the ball went. After that he took after when Haddin called him through.

EDIT: That was poo however White. Dud batting.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone

Yes, we know White's no Shane Warne, but he's not as much of a ****ing cretard as some are at pains to make him out to be.
Actually, you could clearly hear Haddin say 'no, NO!, argh...' for it. Otherwise I'd be with you.

You can comment on him when he's in your side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Overawed, pie chucking, whatever, it doesn't matter, he wasn't doing to business. Now however he is easily the MIP in the last ten years and an absolute legend.

I had seen him bowl in domestics too btw, made the mistake of thinking he was another journeyman, and I admit that.
Yeah, but to say he's awful implies he actually is a poor bowler; not merely that he is bowling poorly at a particular level of the game.

If you believe Heath's posts, O'Brien hasn't actually improved as a bowler since he played in South Africa - he's merely replicated what he does in domestic cricket more closely. Judging by O'Brien's domestic record, I'm inclined to believe that.

HeathDavisSpeed

4 dayers or one dayers? I have to say I didn't expect him to be much of a success in ODIs. He's been pleasantly surprising in this series. Not destructive, but quite restrictive - bowling a heavy ball and bowling an exceptional length.

My "domestic hit rate" has been pretty good of late. Was picking Taylor & Ryder 4 years ago then Broom & Flynn back in early 2006. Just need Houghton to get a bit of traction in the Wellington 4 day unit and my domestic hit rate will be 100%.

Another wicket for O'Brien after a lovely pull shot from White the ball before. Poor dismissal.

pup11

International Coach
Been really good comeback bowling from NZ, Aus typically have no idea what to do at this stage of the innings.
Hate to say this but missing Symmo so badly, such a situation is just tailor-made for him.

EDIT: Cameron White you are a ****ing idiot!!!