• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Evermind

International Debutant
Australia couldn't get the wickets, but nice to see all the bowlers chip in with the wides.

The bowling lineup is dire, and needs revision. But Hilditch's choices seem pretty desperate and haphazard at the moment - he's selecting like an Indian or Pak selector.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Methinks something needs to be done about calculating averages using not-outs. Grant Elliott's average is 72 and his highest score is 61*. Surely there must be a way of tempering the excessive advantage gifted by not-outs to a batsman's average?
Get him out...that's one way to do it :sleep:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia couldn't get the wickets, but nice to see all the bowlers chip in with the wides.

The bowling lineup is dire, and needs revision. But Hilditch's choices seem pretty desperate and haphazard at the moment - he's selecting like an Indian or Pak selector.
NZers bowled straight and full - nothing special but they are bowling to their fields and it is very professional

I only watched the NZ innings up until Guptil's wicket but Hilfenhaus, in particular, was all over the shop and almost the exact opposite of the Kiwis

I'm obviously a dinosaur because I would've thought that his best policy would be full on off stump - a mode of attack consistent with the Kiwis approach and that also suits his bowling

Unfortunately, it's pretty much consistent with how he's bowled all summer so I can only think that he's not very good and/or the advice being given to him is crap - probably a combination of the 2 tbh

Howsie

International Captain
1.Brendon McCullum
2.Jesse Ryder
3.Martin Guptill
4.Ross Taylor
5.Neil Broom
6.Jacob Oram
7.Grant Elliot
8.Kyle Mills
9.Daniel Vettori
10.Tim Southee
11.Iain O'Brien

What about giving Peter McGlashan a chance some time down the order. He played pretty well in State Shield this season, and has the ability to hit it a long way.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
NZers bowled straight and full - nothing special but they are bowling to their fields and it is very professional

I only watched the NZ innings up until Guptil's wicket but Hilfenhaus, in particular, was all over the shop and almost the exact opposite of the Kiwis

I'm obviously a dinosaur because I would've thought that his best policy would be full on off stump - a mode of attack consistent with the Kiwis approach and that also suits his bowling

Unfortunately, it's pretty much consistent with how he's bowled all summer so I can only think that he's not very good and/or the advice being given to him is crap - probably a combination of the 2 tbh
I agree on Hilfenhaus - he's been pretty awful all summer and just doesn't look suited to the one day format.

I still don't understand how he's a better option than Ryan Harris.

And I can't for the life of me understand how North and McDonald are good enough for the test squad as all-rounders, but aren't being looked at for the ODIs?

Our 5th bowler is really costing us at the moment; White is dreadful and Hussey can't contain anyone. Why not give North a shot? I'm sure he'd open the batting if we asked him to... and surely he couldn't bat any slower than David Hussey?

kiwi watcher

Cricket Spectator
Just watching highlights, it looks to me like more than half the crowd were Kiwis....
yep looked really good..
Congrats boys
I have been listening and watching here in NZ, radio sport and Sky
The Aussie comentators are absolute tossers, Sky a bit better
The radio commentator was giving Vettori crap for ages about no wickets etc, I think it was the Aussie get back at the last games aussie wicket keeper cheats call by Vettorri.. but the take the piss how bad a bowler wettori is was crap

loved the win and as others have reffered we have prob our best 2 players out:
Bond and Jacob Oram
with Jessie ryder and Scott Styris being helpful too

Loved our double spin team with Patel improving heaps

and in the end Kyle Mills was picked up in India cricket auction last night $291 k
Jessie Ryder $311k?
Wicket keeper for Aussie Haddin? was passed in which was farken funny:laugh:

Its still all about Aussie, Aussie man of match, with a slow run setting speed (with batters plenty to come} that was the game clincher
Aussie is crap and that is good to see

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vettori's captaincy record now stands at 26 wins & 11 losses & his winning ratio of 69.9% is 4th of all time, behind Cronje, Ponting & Clive Lloyd.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
One of my work colleagues was in a corporate box at the G last night and when I texted him, he was just about to head down to go out for beers with Kyle Mills and the rest of the team. But then again, this is the same guy who won $40,000 on Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl so he's a bit of a high roller...

kiwi watcher

Cricket Spectator
One of my work colleagues was in a corporate box at the G last night and when I texted him, he was just about to head down to go out for beers with Kyle Mills and the rest of the team. But then again, this is the same guy who won $40,000 on Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl so he's a bit of a high roller...
sorry Im just ya av Kiwi boy and I only won $100 at local TAB
sorry Ryders contract IPC
$160 k american
Mills
$150 k
so pleased for them

JBH001

International Regular
That was a sweet, sweet win, last night. :D

First game I have been able to watch from start to finish this summer. Looking for 3 - 0 in Sydney and really rubbing it in.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry, whats the point, or are you just name-dropping again ? :cool:

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
ahh the joys of being a New Zealand supporter

We never seem to win games.. the other team always seems to lose them

:cool:

JBH001

International Regular
Haha! Yes, was thinking that when reading through some of the explanations, sorry bs excuses, for Australia's losses.

Cry, cry, moan, whinge about sums it up for me.

kiwi watcher

Cricket Spectator
great to win 2 in a row against Aussies
Sydney paper with NZ team arriving
"even these losers think they can beat us"
and also beating them with a average to good kiwi team, heaps of new faces..excellent

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, whats the point, or are you just name-dropping again ? :cool:
I was pointing out that one of my work colleagues was one of the Kiwis there making up seemingly more than half of the crowd.

So that's my point, you nitpicking ****wit.