• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

pup11

International Coach
ok, so McCullum doesn't think it's out but appeals and that's ok

Haddin thinks it is out and appeals, and that's not

odd
Had Haddin gone about the Broom dismissal with the same level of convicition and confidence as McCullum, then we won't even been having this debate.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
McCullum' appeal shouldn't be an issue at all, as he has never claimed that he is some saint, he made an appeal (and it shouldn't be relevant either whether he thought it was a catch or not) and umpire ruled the decision in his favour.

The blame solely lies with the umpire, he is there to do a job and that decision was a mistake on his part, and its pretty ridiculous to criticise McCullum over this as he was well within his rights to appeal.
I don't agree with this.

However, if he has even the slightest of feelings that there has been some deviation, then he is well within his right to appeal.
That's basically what an appeal is. "How was that?"

Precambrian

Banned

odd
Haddin didn't appeal FFS.

And till now, not everyone is convinced that Dussey did not get an edge, even after the replays, and the snicko, which is not 100% accurate, there still remains doubt as to it.

Not the case with Haddin, and ffs, nobody is arguing that he cheated.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I almost think the Haddin thing deserves its own thread. It has swallowed this one whole and made discussion about anything else in here basically impossible.

Precambrian

Banned
I almost think the Haddin thing deserves its own thread. It has swallowed this one whole and made discussion about anything else in here basically impossible.
True. But heck of a job for the mods to seperate the wheat from the chaff and transfer them to a new thread, isnt it?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Was going to suggest the same, just didn't want to put any moderator out.
But since you've offered.....

:p

biased indian

International Coach

odd
this i where it changes he didn't appeal he just run away towards his team mates to celebrate ..if he had appealed surely umpires would have referred it to third umpire.

appeal means you have doubt and want umpire to confirm it rite

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
this i where it changes he didn't appeal he just run away towards his team mates to celebrate ..if he had appealed surely umpires would have referred it to third umpire.

appeal means you have doubt and want umpire to confirm it rite
Semantics

Appealed/celebrated= basically, acted as if it was out

You don't appeal for a bowled

biased indian

International Coach
Well I'm a mod. :p

It'd take me ages, so I thought I'd ask what everyone else thought before just going ahead and doing it.
it will die down by the time the next match start... if its new thread it will go on for ever as every new person will be interested to post about it

thierry henry

International Coach
If Haddin had "appealed", everyone would have looked at him like "wtf", the umpire would've been like "um, it's bowled", and the result would have been exactly the same.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Strictly speaking, in 90% cases it happens that way, is it not?

And whether it was late appeal or not, bowler appealed, didn't he?
Nah, only about 10% of the time does the bowler follow the keeper.

And the post that I quoted intimated that Patel thought that it was out from the get-go, appealed straight away. Whereas he actually only reacted after McCullum went up; the inference being that he didn't really think it was out either.

biased indian

International Coach
If Haddin had "appealed", everyone would have looked at him like "wtf", the umpire would've been like "um, it's bowled", and the result would have been exactly the same.
No...surely they would have gone to third umpire it not very often that keeper appeal for bowled ...