• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

BeeGee

International Captain
11:00 AM 10:00 am AEST: Australia won the toss and elected to field. Play will start at 10:30 am AEST.

Yay!

Howsie

International Captain
I reckon all 12 will play since this is our only tour match. I doubt it'll be an official first class match.
Nah, it's an officail first class match. That's why we've had all that talk about playing Boult in this game, it wouldn't matter if New Zealand could play all 12.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I don't think having a bowler at 7 is a big deal in a game like this. If the Aus A batsmen want to make the Aus side then they need to make the runs and not leave it to the tail anyway.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, makes sense.

McCullum with a boundary off the 1st ball of the game and the first ball of the next over as well. Definite omen.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, it's an officail first class match. That's why we've had all that talk about playing Boult in this game, it wouldn't matter if New Zealand could play all 12.
I suppose Vettori doesn't really need the game time as much as the others.

Sorta hope Martin injures himself tbh...

Sylvester

State Captain
Same old Hilfy it seems, quite a few balls played on the back foot and just being smashed for back to back boundaries.

adub

International Captain
Hilfenhaus already having the selectors salivating at the prospect of a return of the Johnson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus attack.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
BMac on 20 and Guppy not off the mark.

Tbh McCullum opening is my biggest concern in our top 6. Sorely hope he can find some form/ ride his luck and give us some decent starts int the tests.

BeeGee

International Captain
BMac on 20 and Guppy not off the mark.

Tbh McCullum opening is my biggest concern in our top 6. Sorely hope he can find some form/ ride his luck and give us some decent starts int the tests.
He's my biggest concern also.

I see Guptill is doing his "I'm an opener who doesn't know how to push a single" routine. He seriously needs to learn how to rotate the strike. :dry:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Over 6.6: Hilfenhaus to Guptill, no run, drives on the up back to the bowler. NZ 0/25.
Over 6.5: Hilfenhaus to Guptill, no run, drives to mid off, only gets the bottom of the bat on it.
Over 6.4: Hilfenhaus to Guptill, no run, drives powerfully from the front foot to mid off.
Over 6.3: Hilfenhaus to Guptill, no run, gets forward, blocks

Three drives, no runs. Pick the gaps, Gupps.

Athlai

Not Terrible

I see Guptill is doing his "I'm an opener who doesn't know how to push a single" routine. He seriously needs to learn how to rotate the strike. :dry:
He does alright when he is set but yeah at the start of his innings he just can't rotate the strike at all. It's 4 or nothing for some reason.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guppy off the mark with a convincing well timed edge between gully and third slip.

Follows it up with an actual shot.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah Guptill is the second biggest concern! Agree about the lack of singles.

Still, I think there's an element of randomness with Guptill where he can potentially score runs against anyone by playing his normal game and not having his miscues go to hand. Whereas if McCullum faces high quality bowling is just good enough to edge to slip.

Last edited: