• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
to be totally honest vettori will put more fear into us at 6 than whatever 'batsman' actually gets put there.

Woodster

International Captain
That's the thing really, and my domestic cricket knowledge of New Zealand is not good enough to offer alternatives that could do a much better job. I just think there must be better batsmen than DV to bat at six. Brownlie I've only seen against Zimbabwe, but he certainly didn't let himself down.

BeeGee

International Captain
That's the thing really, and my domestic cricket knowledge of New Zealand is not good enough to offer alternatives that could do a much better job. I just think there must be better batsmen than DV to bat at six. Brownlie I've only seen against Zimbabwe, but he certainly didn't let himself down.
Brownlie is potentially a better no. 6 than Dan. He has a FC av. of 51.

The only down side to him playing on this tour is that he was born in Perth, which means the instant he has any success the Ch. 9 commentary team will start spanking on about how he's really an Aussie. If he scores a century it will be mentioned at least 20 times that he was born in Perth and grew up in Perth.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Because England didn't give him any respect and he had a surprise factor which quickly wore off.

I don't think Australia will be as loose against Boult.
That's a completely unfair summation of Southee's debut and why he didn't perform all that well from there. I was at that game - he bowled outstandingly. It wasn't a 'surprise factor' that saw him take wickets, and it didn't quickly wear off either. He got a bit ****y and didn't do the hard yards after such a fine start in that Test and in the subsequent ODI series in England, was unfit (look back at photos from then compared to now) and didn't get back to where he should have been until he got dropped after leaking 100 v India in the Chch ODI.

And talent wise, maybe there are better batsmen than Vettori at 6. But there's no one I'd back to score more runs than him there, and that includes Brownlie (at this stage).

howardj

International Coach
Weather is **** up here today for the Aus A game boys. Minimal chance of play today, but should get some decent game time (although interrupted) over the remaining three days.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's really disappointing news. I was looking forward to the start of play today.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Stupid rain.

On the positive side, this means we can keep our SECRET WEAPON under wraps a little longer.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only down side to him playing on this tour is that he was born in Perth, which means the instant he has any success the Ch. 9 commentary team will start spanking on about how he's really an Aussie. If he scores a century it will be mentioned at least 20 times that he was born in Perth and grew up in Perth.
Equally likely to make him a South African as much as an Australian.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I reckon all 12 will play since this is our only tour match. I doubt it'll be an official first class match.
Would be surprised if it wasn't a proper FC match, it is 4 days after all. Usually when they schedule those dumb 2 day matches they end up playing stupid rules like 13 players playing etc...but I can't even think of a recent 4 day tour match that wasn't official.