• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope. Officially he's listed as "injured" but that's just a load of rubbish and only been done to save himself some embarrassment I suppose - keep the media of him etc. We couldn't exactly go into the match with the four quicks plus Joe Walker, espeically after losing Daniel Flynn and Hamish Marshall for this round. Graeme Aldridge probably could've been given the flick but his batting at eight is just far too important for this particular lineup.
See, that's another instance of guess work by folk around here. From what I hear, he's carrying a back niggle that has affected him action-wise, fitness-wise etc. And has wanted to keep it out of the national selectors' eyes and get through the summer.

I'll go guesswork based on that to say with Boult/Arnel/Aldridge playing, and only 5 bonus points needed, he's taking the final match off with Windies and beyond in mind.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this news to NZ-based fans? Florida tipped as a venue for more than just exhibition matches, only two tests.

Was just trying to find out whether the T20I and ODI stuff will be first, seeing that's what the Windies will be playing in England in late June.

Florida confirmed to host NZ T20s; Jamaica gets matches - Stabroek News - Guyana

Florida confirmed to host NZ T20s; Jamaica gets matches
By STABROEK STAFF | 0 COMMENTS | SPORTS | SUNDAY, MARCH 4, 2012

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, CMC – Florida in the United States will host the two Twenty20 Internationals on New Zealand’s tour of the Caribbean later this year.

A source close to the West Indies Cricket Board confirmed to CMC Sports that the two T20Is, scheduled for June 30 and July 1, will be played at the Central Broward Regional Park Stadium.

In recent years, New Zealand Cricket have been keen on exploring the US market and played two T20s against Sri Lanka at the venue in 2010.

To date, it is the only time international cricket has been played in the US and the West Indies matches are likely to provide a huge fillip for cricket development in that market.

The matches will also provide the opportunity for the large West Indian community residing in the south-eastern American state to get a taste of international cricket.

Following these matches, West Indies and New Zealand will return to the region to clash in five One-Day Internationals and two Tests, from July 5 to August 6.

Jamaica’s Sabina Park, at the centre of controversy after being ignored for Australia’s tour of the Caribbean starting later this month, will host the first two ODIs along with the first Test.

Only recently, Jamaica’s Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller said she was disappointed the venue would not host any matches during the Australia tour, sparking a war of words with the West Indies Cricket Board.

The two ODIs are scheduled for July 5th and 7th while the Test will bowl off from August 2-6. Meanwhile, Warner Park in St Kitts will host the other three ODIs on July 11th, 14th and 16th with the Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium in Antigua staging the first Test from July 25-29.

The series will be part of a busy itinerary for West Indies this year as it will be preceded by a tour of England and Australia’s visit to the Caribbean.

Howsie

International Captain
See, that's another instance of guess work by folk around here. From what I hear, he's carrying a back niggle that has affected him action-wise, fitness-wise etc. And has wanted to keep it out of the national selectors' eyes and get through the summer.

I'll go guesswork based on that to say with Boult/Arnel/Aldridge playing, and only 5 bonus points needed, he's taking the final match off with Windies and beyond in mind.
Yep, exactly. Boult/Arnel/Aldridge means he wasn't needed. If the guy was bowling well enough he would've been selected.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Here you go Wellingtonians.
He got that 50 through sheer guts more so than technique. Especially before he got his eye in. Quite a few plays and misses.

Man Southee's run up looked loooooong. in those clips.

Doesn't seem so long live.

Other comments - quality with the back foot cover drive - it was his bread and butter shot.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks Flegm. Was certainly a bit of an ugly innings at times and that trigger movement is interesting - wonder how he would adjust to a faster, bouncier wicket where more back-foot play is required.

Also I'm not just saying this because he took 7 wickets that innings but Southee looked really good in that clip - there's so much talent there I hope he can go away (to county cricket preferably) and find a way to become the test bowler that he should be.

Meridio

International Regular
Thanks Flegm. Was certainly a bit of an ugly innings at times and that trigger movement is interesting - wonder how he would adjust to a faster, bouncier wicket where more back-foot play is required.

Also I'm not just saying this because he took 7 wickets that innings but Southee looked really good in that clip - there's so much talent there I hope he can go away (to county cricket preferably) and find a way to become the test bowler that he should be.
Looks like his trigger movement has changed a bit - he used to crab across the crease, similar to how Flynn does now. Very straight backlift too, maybe too straight imo, makes it hard to play through the onside.

Agree that Southee looked a lot better (Boult looked really good too I thought) but it seemed like a pretty juicy wicket. Plenty of bounce and looked like it was seaming a bit too.

Flem274*

123/5
Pretty keen to get Murdoch's 101* against Canterbury up, but I have some last minute assignment work for tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

Watched Boam's 5fer earlier. Looks a very useful bowler tbh. Tall, accurate and gets some movement. Looks to be a very attacking medium pacer as well, which is nice to see.

Rumour has it Pinga will be making an appearance on my channel. FMD he has so much time to play his shots. Makes batting look easy in the Shield.

Flem274*

123/5
Checked out Boam's batting quickly (watched his fours) - I'm a fan. Haven't watched him at length but he looks better than a number eight.

Come to CD Harry.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Wellington in possible not batting all the way down to number eight shock!

Tugaga rewarded with spot in Firebirds | Stuff.co.nz
But odds on him carrying drinks ......

Duffy in the Otago 13
Out with the old, in with new for Volts | Stuff.co.nz
I've read that he was on restricted bowling loads by NZC, bowling just 8 overs a day maximum in inter-school matches. But he played in the Hawke Cup challenge match for Southland a few weeks ago and I think bowled 24 overs.

Last match for Craig Cumming. Sad day, absolute class at Plunket Shield level.

Last edited:

Immenso

Michael Pollard or Harry Boam to bat 8 for Wellington. No third quick. Groan.
After McKay and Kuggeleijn finish their opening spells it will be death by medium pace and finger-spin.

Duffy in the starting XI for Otago.

Last edited:

Immenso

Wellington 48/6. All the Otago bowlers have a wicket, Murdoch is Duffy's first scalp.

Boam and Pollard are in. Lucky that Wellington are batting so deep .......