• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Bulls pulling some good form late.

Noah with 13 points and 9 boards halfway through the 2nd!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Suns are really ballin' right now. Amare looking like a franchise beast these past two months. They have a Royless Blazers and probably Dalls now too. Both very beatable for them, would be a ridiculous turnaround for them to make the Finals after not even being close to the playoffs last season.

Lakers slumping now too, might be a more open West than we first thought.

DingDong

State Captain
1st round predicitons
East
Cavs - Bulls. 4-1
Celtics - Heat. 4-1
Magic - Bobcats 4-0
Hawks- Bucks 4-2

West
Lakers- thunder 4-1
Nugets - Jazz. 4-2
Mavs - Spurs. 4-3
Suns - Blazers. 4-1

duffer

Hmmm, Bulls won't win a game imo and the way the Celtics have been closing games out at both ends Miami will give them trouble especially if D-Whistle gets his calls. Withought Boges the Hawks should dominate that series but Salmons and Delfino are great guys to have covering Johnson and Crawford, while Jennings will give Bibby fits. Gadzuric and Ilyasova vs Horford and Smith is brutal though. Cats will win one game , possibly two for mine.

In the West, Thunder have all the tools to make their series really close, Jazz and Nuggets are both in complete dissaray recently, Kirilenko being out and Boozer being battered might make things tough for Utah though. Without Roy the Blazers are done but the big series for me is the Mavs-Spurs one.

Dallas may be the #2 seed but having a history of playoff chokes the Spurs are one of the most brutal #7's they could've had with guys like Dunca, Ginobli and Parker, George Hill playing really well now too and Pop being Pop. That will be really fun to watch, the two Texas rivals.

Last edited:

duffer

KG can eat **** and die. **** I hate this bitchmade pos. Cheap shots, elbows, jawing. No wonder he's the most hated guy in the NBA. Just piss off.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
as far as i could see, richardson came over to see how pierce was doing and garnett elbowed him and they started jawing at each other and then it became a melee...if boston loses the guy to suspension, miami has a real chance in this series, what an idiot, he is experienced enough to know that is a no-no...

duffer

as far as i could see, richardson came over to see how pierce was doing and garnett elbowed him and they started jawing at each other and then it became a melee...if boston loses the guy to suspension, miami has a real chance in this series, what an idiot, he is experienced enough to know that is a no-no...
More or less, there was a horrific swinging elbow later though which was far worse. Guy is the biggest punk in the NBA. Knowing it's the Celtics in the playoffs he'll probably get off like Rondo did last year.

duffer

Anyone else see this ad during the Jazz-Nuggets game?

:laugh: Thought I was trippin' when it happened. Can't wait till Melo rocks up in Utah for Game 3. Hilarity abounds.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
My god the Cavs look awesome. Shaq surprised me a few times but Noah doesn't really have the size or the know-how to defend him. Bulls of course rolled over anyway, but there were definitely some positives to take away from it. Hope we can put up a fight and get at least one win.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Gonna stick my neck out and say a Dallas-Orlando final, Lakers will fall to Oklahoma or Denver imo and I like the way Orlando plays Cleveland.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Will be going to Mavs-Spurs game tonight. So excited. Attending a playoff basketball game is such a charged up experience! :)

duffer

Bad luck Fusion, but tbh it was so on the cards. Mavs having a history of playoff chokers in Dirk, Kidd, Marion up against a 4 times Championship side with their Big 3 fit again. I said it before this is going to be an incredible series. Mavs have more talent but Spurs have the bigger cajones.

edit: Noice by Chicago too.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
How much cap space do OKC have next season? I know they have a good amount, but just how much? They should certainly be after David Lee/Amar'e. Some size and offence in the paint and they could build a dynasty...

duffer

They have a fair bit I think. Lee is a definite possibility but can see Phoenix wanting to S&T Amare for the max. I'm sure someone will be desperate enough to bite on that.