• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yeah, it's over. Has anybody noticed the absolute bollocking PIetersen was giving Gillespie between boundaries? Amazing stuff.

Can't believe how far we've fallen.

I have to return some videotapes.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see how Ponting can justify having anything other than the most aggressive field you've ever seen, to both batsmen. They aren't going to achieve anything whatsoever by stopping boundaries. Oh well, all over now, well done KPP and SJH.

IanBell

Cricket Spectator
Let's enjoy the victory now, but remember the Aussies are still the Aussies. Not invincible anymore, but still bloody good.

KPP, we salute you.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
when i see Mr.Ponting at Old trafford on saturday i'll take his autograph then smack him on the head

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
PY said:
I'm speechless for the first time in a long time.

As soon as things turned against them, the Aussies looked like a rudderless ship. Where have the leaders of the team gone?
In terms of the actual turning of the game itself, there was little that Ponting could do. His bowlers continued to bowl a middle overs length instead of late overs for too long, however, once Pieterson got going, something he should have instructed otherwise, as well as the obvious field placings that have been discussed.

Well done to England, and especially KP. I think this goes to show once more that 8 an over throughout the last 10 is not the hurdle that it is often considered, and once was.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Ian Bell :)

Welcome to Cricket Web, that was a mighty fine century you hit the other week (albeit against the Tigers)

PY

International Coach
IanBell said:
Let's enjoy the victory now, but remember the Aussies are still the Aussies. Not invincible anymore, but still bloody good.

KPP, we salute you.
It's a good point for a first post.

What a day to join the forum, welcome mate. May you enjoy your stay in the madhouse. :D

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Remember Langeveldt vs the WIndies a few months ago or Bangladesh yesterday?

Its not over till its over mate.
Also consider the Ponting factor. They way he has captained, even if Pietersen fell now, he wouldn't attack.

Sudeep

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
I can't believe people are blaming Ponting captaincy, did he bowl 18 extras??
He sure did set fields to allow singles to tailenders, to allow the walloping giant strike...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
For all the pessimism the English have shown in their Ashes predictions for the summer, have more hope in your team. They may lose the Ashes but they wont surrender without a fight. That much looks good for the Ashes.