• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

King_Ponting

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
OK, so now we've got the pace of Lee, the accuracy of McGrath, the seam movement of Hendrick, the swing of Waqar Younis, the yorker of Andrew Hall and the bouncer of Malcolm Marshall - and all this from a guy who is yet to play at the highest level and is therefore an 'unknown quantity'.

Here. Keep the bloody Ashes and sod off home now.

:lol: Damn straight :thumbup1:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
OK, so now we've got the pace of Lee, the accuracy of McGrath, the seam movement of Hendrick, the swing of Waqar Younis, the yorker of Andrew Hall and the bouncer of Malcolm Marshall - and all this from a guy who is yet to play at the highest level and is therefore an 'unknown quantity'.

Here. Keep the bloody Ashes and sod off home now.
There's no need to put words in people's mouths. I only referenced Marshall's bouncers to explain a point, obviously Marshall's was a hundreds times as good, and while Tait does bowl fast, move the ball around a lot and have an excellent yorker, he also has serious accuracy problems and various other issues which have also been pointed out.

Nobody is saying he is God, merely that he is very, very talented and a good prospect for the future.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
There's no need to put words in people's mouths. I only referenced Marshall's bouncers to explain a point, obviously Marshall's was a hundreds times as good, and while Tait does bowl fast, move the ball around a lot and have an excellent yorker, he also has serious accuracy problems and various other issues which have also been pointed out.

Nobody is saying he is God, merely that he is very, very talented and a good prospect for the future.
Oh, you poor, sensitive little darling. Do you honestly think I was having a go at you? Jesus, you are so blooming sensitive.

Humourless ******* ******.

(I typed the asterisks)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Oh, you poor, sensitive little darling. Do you honestly think I was having a go at you? Jesus, you are so blooming sensitive.

Humourless ******* ******.

(I typed the asterisks)
LE? Having a go at an Australian about overrating their players? Never!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
It's your 'beer' which is laughable, not your cricketers.
It's marc who thinks that you couldn't even see a cricketer unless he had a baggy green cap perched on his head.

There were about 5 people who chipped in (helpfully, I might add) when I said that I'd never seen Tait. Each emphasised a different weapon in his armoury. What was I supposed to do? Naturally I just summarised.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
There were about 5 people who chipped in (helpfully, I might add) when I said that I'd never seen Tait. Each emphasised a different weapon in his armoury. What was I supposed to do? Naturally I just summarised.
Haha, of course. What else could a shrewd cricketing fan like yourself be expected to do? :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Haha, of course. What else could a shrewd cricketing fan like yourself be expected to do? :p
Didn't you read earlier? I'm not shrewd at all - I'm 'self-pretentious', a statement which sums up the standard of the product of the Australian education system, I suppose.

/runs away

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Didn't you read earlier? I'm not shrewd at all - I'm 'self-pretentious', a statement which sums up the standard of the product of the Australian education system, I suppose.

/runs away
Richard Rash is from New Zealand, I do believe.

He gives it away with his obsession with rugby, use of a rugby player as his icon, his location revealing that he is from "P Town", which is no place in Australia I am familiar with, and coming out with gems about Australian cricket from time to time, including that Lee bowled beamers at NZ batsmen on purpose, and that Shane Warne "needs a bullet".

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Richard Rash is from New Zealand, I do believe.

He gives it away with his obsession with rugby, use of a rugby player as his icon, his location revealing that he is from "P Town", which is no place in Australia I am familiar with, and coming out with gems about Australian cricket from time to time, including that Lee bowled beamers at NZ batsmen on purpose, and that Shane Warne "needs a bullet".
Like I said, it just goes to prove the standard of end product coming out of the British education system.

/walks away, talking to the mannequins in the shop window and looking for dog-ends.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Nobody is saying he is Andrew Flintoff, merely that he is very, very talented and a good prospect for the future.

You are meant to replace God with Andrew Flintoff at ALL TIMES. He IS God. Perfect in every way. (note sarcasm that doesn't really work on internet forums)

btw, if he is the key to England's Ashes hopes, they better hope the door is left ajar.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tassietiger said:
btw, if he is the key to England's Ashes hopes, they better hope the door is left ajar.
Why? Flintoff has been nothing short of excellent all through the ODIs. He has been England's best bowler, and probably their best batsman as well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tassietiger said:
Nobody is saying he is Andrew Flintoff, merely that he is very, very talented and a good prospect for the future.

You are meant to replace God with Andrew Flintoff at ALL TIMES. He IS God. Perfect in every way. (note sarcasm that doesn't really work on internet forums)

Faaip, help me out here. Do you wish to recant that earlier statement where you inferred that I shouldn't 'have a go'? What were the words again? Oh, yes.

Can I just put 'Quod Erat Demonstrandum' at the end in future?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Faaip, help me out here. Do you wish to recant that earlier statement where you inferred that I shouldn't 'have a go'? What were the words again? Oh, yes.
You can 'have a go' all you like, I was merely defending my assumption that you were 'having a go' at me as valid under the circumstances. I'd say Tassie was just 'having a go' in response to others who have been 'having a go' in this thread. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good win for Australia yesterday. And it shows why defeating them consistently is so tough. It is hard to play that "level" of cricket everyday and it is harder for the Aussies to play below themselves everytime as well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
You can 'have a go' all you like, I was merely defending my assumption that you were 'having a go' at me as valid under the circumstances. I'd say Tassie was just 'having a go' in response to others who have been 'having a go' in this thread. :p
Puts on best Mr Burns voice...

Ex-actly.... d'Oh!

(spot the episode)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tassietiger's signature said:
AUSTRALIA vs. ENGLAND 2005

AUSTRALIA: WON 2, TIED 1, N/R 1
ENGLAND: WON 2, TIED 1, N/R 1

For all their talk, they aren't exactly dominating us.

Not sure which side's talking you mean here?