• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm Bangladesh knocking (or trying to) some singles, wonder how long it'll be before the extravagant shot comes out along with the next batsman.

Scaly piscine

Good to see a partnership lasting 17 overs and still going (hoping not to jinx anything), still scoring at over 4 an over in this partnership without the unnecessary swipes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really liking Shahriar Nafees today, from ball one. He's comfortable at the crease, he's got good technique, didn't seem fazed by Lee bowling some rippers early on (Gillespie was doing nicely too), survived and has shown he can play some nice shots too. At only 19, he's got the makings of a test class opener for mine.

Good signs for Australia too. Lee bowled really nicely for his first five overs, Gillespie looks to be getting close to form again and took the first wicket with a gem, the fielding has been good aside from Hayden's awful drop in the third over of the match, and of all people Watson bowled well for the first time in the series.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Gillespie's getting slated on TMS actually...
Really? For what reason?

He bowled easily the best he has on tour today. He was fairly accurate, his pace wasn't bad, he got a few to dart around, he didn't bowl two sides of the wicket like he has earlier on etc. I wouldn't say he's at his best yet, but he's certainly bowling decently as opposed to complete garbage.

Kasprowicz on the other hand looked really unpenetrative again today. He's not going to play in the final, so he has at most three NWC games and some tour matches to impress, or I don't think he'll be playing at Lords.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
35.4 Symonds to Shahriar Nafees, no run, full toss, driven back to
Symonds, who tries to run out Mashud, called for the thrid umpire,
given out.

Heh. No cricinfo, it wasn't given out.

Scaly piscine

FaaipDeOiad said:
Really? For what reason?

He bowled easily the best he has on tour today. He was fairly accurate, his pace wasn't bad, he got a few to dart around, he didn't bowl two sides of the wicket like he has earlier on etc. I wouldn't say he's at his best yet, but he's certainly bowling decently as opposed to complete garbage.

Kasprowicz on the other hand looked really unpenetrative again today. He's not going to play in the final, so he has at most three NWC games and some tour matches to impress, or I don't think he'll be playing at Lords.
Mostly the Aussie commentators have been saying he's been lethargic (especially in the field) and has only bowled the odd delivery at his usual pace.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
FaaipDeOiad said:
35.4 Symonds to Shahriar Nafees, no run, full toss, driven back to
Symonds, who tries to run out Mashud, called for the thrid umpire,
given out.

Heh. No cricinfo, it wasn't given out.
haha

Why are you on cricinfo tho. No tv coverage?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
haha

Why are you on cricinfo tho. No tv coverage?
Yeah, it's on TV too. I watched the first 30 overs or so, then came on here and I've got cricinfo open now.

Going to watch some more of it now, though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How frustratingly unsuprising. Watson has been bowling well, the coverage starts and he gets hit for a 6 and then 4. :dry:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHa...

Mahmud is playing. :D