• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #20- England vs S Africa - October 21st - Wankhede (D/N)

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, that's where I'm coming from where rules need to be introduced.

It's a problem in the rugby as well, especially with South Africa. Count the number of times the South African forwards go down faking injury/exhaustion, etc in today's semi-final to slow the game down. That's what they do in every game against the ABs.
I do think they have rules/guidelines in place regards Test cricket. I assume they have something similar for ODIs. Don't forget bowlers and fielders are consistently getting replaced by the 12th man (Livingston spent many overs in the field today) as well as all the help the bowlers get standing on the boundary from support staff during play. I think its something that the umpires keep an eye on but adjust as necessary depending on the conditions.

Regards the Springboks... I see you trying to get the psychological digs in early for the final :)...

King Kane

International Debutant
A lucky escape for Malan.

No lucky escape there for Bairstow though, he is on his bike back to the dressing room.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
SA are not out of the woods just yet

A lot of these England players were part of the side that chased down 230 odd at the T20 WC vs SA at this very ground in 2016 , so chasing a huge target is not something new to this England side.

I remember this match for the innings Joe Root played ..One of the best T20 innings ever

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol that England is going to be 1-3. They should have played the Bazball Test team 😀
Ehh, I don't feel right criticising this England lot given that SA and IND smashed us by sumiliar margins to what nz beat them by and it looks like SA will beat them by, could even see us losing a game to AFG in the way England did. Bar the Netherlands game against SA there's just been a huge gap between the top 3 teams and everyone else so far.

King Kane

International Debutant
Batting looking tougher under lights and bowling looking easier.

If only England had won the toss and batted first,

Now Root gone too.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
With the Malan dismissal, how can DRS not know where the ball pitches, i can understand with wickets hitting but it should know for sure where it lands on the ground 🤔