• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #20- England vs S Africa - October 21st - Wankhede (D/N)

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
SA are not out of the woods just yet

A lot of these England players were part of the side that chased down 230 odd at the T20 WC vs SA at this very ground in 2016 , so chasing a huge target is not something new to this England side.

James

Cricket Web Owner
US college sports have semi-regular heat stroke deaths, it’s probably something cricket would prefer to avoid.
Wow, didn't know that about US college sports.

Klaasen went down about 3 or 4 times I think it was. If there were health concerns he should have been pulled, rather than the game being stopped as a result. Personally I consider it an unfair advantage that the batting team gets in that situation.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

A lot of these England players were part of the side that chased down 230 odd at the T20 WC vs SA at this very ground in 2016 , so chasing a huge target is not something new to this England side.

This would be true if we were a side with the type of togetherness, leadership and confidence of the Morgan era. I'm sorry but I just don't see that atm. Not sure what has gone wrong exactly, various reasons I guess, but this side looks a shadow of the one four years ago.

King Kane

International Debutant
If England can chase down this total it will be one of the greatest ODIs of all time but with how this WC is going they will probably lose by 100+ runs.

Then Jos Buttler will blame the dew for not helping them out enough in the run chase rather than his idiotic decision to bowl first in sweltering heat..

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
This would be true if we were a side with the type of togetherness, leadership and confidence of the Morgan era. I'm sorry but I just don't see that atm. Not sure what has gone wrong exactly, various reasons I guess, but this side looks a shadow of the one four years ago.
Yeah but guys like Ben Stokes don't need that kind of stuff to win games ...Also this is the same SA bowling attack that got absolutely smashed to pieces by an Australian grade cricket keeper and a tailender who had a HS of 5 before he met Rabada and Co , 105 in the last 9 overs by the Dutch ,who are also currently getting their asses handed to them by Sri Lanka despite all their unity.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, didn't know that about US college sports.

Klaasen went down about 3 or 4 times I think it was. If there were health concerns he should have been pulled, rather than the game being stopped as a result. Personally I consider it an unfair advantage that the batting team gets in that situation.
Yeah but it’s like with concussions, professional sportsmen just never voluntarily come off the field in that situation.

You’re probably right that it’s a little unfair. There should maybe be proper guidelines in place for drinks breaks in extreme heat, like they have now in soccer.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah but if they get 230 here they’ll lose by 170

thierry henry

International Coach
Is there a way for England to chase this, with this team, with batting which isn’t utterly reprehensible? If so then I hope they win (it’s not possible)

James

Cricket Web Owner
You’re probably right that it’s a little unfair. There should maybe be proper guidelines in place for drinks breaks in extreme heat, like they have now in soccer.
Yes, that's where I'm coming from where rules need to be introduced.

It's a problem in the rugby as well, especially with South Africa. Count the number of times the South African forwards go down faking injury/exhaustion, etc in today's semi-final to slow the game down. That's what they do in every game against the ABs.

thierry henry

International Coach
Well that was an over of utterly repugnant batting from Bairstow. Prospects for this innings are not good (England might win)