• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #14- Australia vs Sri Lanka- October 16th-Lucknow- #BottomDwellers

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia have

Match 4) Pakistan
Match 5) Netherlands
Match 6) New Zealand

if they win 2 of 3 from above, then they'd be 3 out of 6 overall and would have to win all of remaining 3 games against-

7) England
8) Afghanistan
9) Bangladesh

Basically the England game could be a virtual quarterfinal for Australia! And even if Australia loses they can still qualify with 5 wins if they fix their NRR against opponents no.8 and no.9 at Wankede and Pune (both venues usually high scoring)

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Marsh and Inglis finding some form with the bat along with Zampa bowling a man of the match spell is just what the doctor ordered to help Australia
turn their fortunes around. Smith in bad form is a concern but he has the ability to quickly turn that around.

IcarianStyles

Cricket Spectator
Honestly feel like when Head comes back to the side, our batting lineup will shape up depending on Marsh, Warner, Marnus form in the next few games.

Here are the possible batting lineups we could have with Head returning:

1. Head
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Marnus
5. Inglis
6. Marsh

--------------------

1. Marsh
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Marnus
5. Inglis
6. Head

--------------------

1. Head
2. Marsh
3. Smith
4. Warner
5. Inglis
6. Maxwell/Marnus (floated)

--------------------

1. Marsh
2. Warner
3. Smith
4. Head
5. Inglis
6. Maxwell/Stoinis (floated)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually think the Warner middle order option is gun, but the selectors won't have the stones for it, especially since if it didn't work they'd be accused of "panicking".

I don't think I'd bother with Marnus if he was going to be at 6 though, which means I think I'd have Warner at 5 or 6 himself. Even more of a potentially career-ending call for a selector really.

I think the best we can hope for is

1 Head
2 Warner
3 Smith
4 Marnus
5 Marsh
6 Inglis
7 Maxwell

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone know if Marsh is actually fit to bowl if required?

Given he's made of glass, opening the batting and the conditions don't suit his bowling I can see why Maxwell and Stoinis would be bowling ahead of him even if he was "fit" to bowl, but if he was basically given the Stoinis role in the side would he be able to roll his arm over as it stands? The answer to that might determine who Head comes in for.
I think he bowled in either the game against SA or India

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We won but let’s not kid ourselves

We have players who are out of form (notably Smith & Haze), injured (Head), a keeper who looks no better than a part timer and relying upon Maxwell to be our best bowler is not ideal

The team also looked like garbage for the first 20+ overs

On the bright side, Cummins turned the game around

loterry1994

International Debutant
The bowling saved us bad. If this was a 270-280 target which Sri Lanka should have got we would have been in big trouble. This still looked a decent pitch to bat. Our top order is still a big worry Pakistan will give us a tougher test

Victor Ian

International Coach
We have a lot of passengers who play just good enough when required to not get thrown off the bus. This WC is heading for a big wreck. We will only win games the other team manages to **** up more.