• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #14- Australia vs Sri Lanka- October 16th-Lucknow- #BottomDwellers

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
yeah sorry, forgot that. Either way, Feb-Mar is the best time to play in India, not this. But I suppose some of it is also situational and not intentional.
Yeah, the 2011 one was Feb/March wasn’t it. This feels a bit like if you held it in England and started it in April. Which I’d be in favour of for the hilarity of an instance of snow stopping play

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was bad even when you held it in June. July-Aug should be ideal for England, no?
Don’t think it makes much difference once you’re into June personally. Late July and August were much wetter than June this year. But other years it can vary.

Sunil1z

International Regular
yeah sorry, forgot that. Either way, Feb-Mar is the best time to play in India, not this. But I suppose some of it is also situational and not intentional.
From business point of view , this is the best month. Festive season has started now and ad rates for World Cup matches are very high because every household does shopping in these 2 months .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The juggernaut stirs! Predicting an undefeated, triumphant march to the title from here.

the big bambino

International Captain
I see Marnus is copping more criticism for his run rate but I’d keep him even when Travis comes back. Just think that WCs are played at a different level than jamodis which tend to overrate the importance and value of the power hitters.

This tournament is quite the contest and everyone’s got their best teams turning out. In that context I’m backing Marnus over a player like Stoin. With Travis back we get a bowling option we’d lose dropping Stoin. One better suited to the conditions as well.

Hardly ever seen Zampa bowl better. Congrats to Cummins as well. Big improvement from him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I see Marnus is copping more criticism for his run rate but I’d keep him even when Travis comes back. Just think that WCs are played at a different level than jamodis which tend to overrate the importance and value of the power hitters.

This tournament is quite the contest and everyone’s got their best teams turning out. In that context I’m backing Marnus over a player like Stoin. With Travis back we get a bowling option we’d lose dropping Stoin. One better suited to the conditions as well.

Hardly ever seen Zampa bowl better. Congrats to Cummins as well. Big improvement from him.
Yeah I've never been that concerned about Marnus' strike rate - I was concerned that he didn't score any ****ing runs in this format for ages. I wouldn't have had him in that squad to SA to begin with but he made some runs there and jagged a squad spot out of it.

I would have always preferred Hughes or Khawaja to open and Marsh to stay in the middle order when Head was injured, but with the squad available he's offering a lot more than Stoinis.

Gob

International Coach

Its bizarre how Stoinis despite being **** for as long as I can remember, gets a free pass when discussing the team

And yes you can not over load your batting line up with one dimensional hitters in 50 over cricket and its great some one here has finally noticed it. When Head returns, It should be

Warner
Head
Smith
Marnus
Inglis
Marsh
Maxwell

Or you can swap Marsh and Inglis. Looks far better balanced

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anyone know if Marsh is actually fit to bowl if required?

Given he's made of glass, opening the batting and the conditions don't suit his bowling I can see why Maxwell and Stoinis would be bowling ahead of him even if he was "fit" to bowl, but if he was basically given the Stoinis role in the side would he be able to roll his arm over as it stands? The answer to that might determine who Head comes in for.

morgieb

Well at least i can laugh at England now.

seriously though, fair effort to come back from 0/120 when you were 0-2. A loss would’ve ended the World Cup then and there for Australia, at least now we’ve got a shot especially if we can beat Pakistan.

Gob

International Coach
Does anyone know if Marsh is actually fit to bowl if required?

Given he's made of glass, opening the batting and the conditions don't suit his bowling I can see why Maxwell and Stoinis would be bowling ahead of him even if he was "fit" to bowl, but if he was basically given the Stoinis role in the side would he be able to roll his arm over as it stands? The answer to that might determine who Head comes in for.
He bowled in the warmups and IIRC against India as well but I could be wrong on that

Anywho Maxwell bowls his full 10 in these conditions and actually doing a pretty good job. Head him self, if he can bowl is better than a part timer. Is it really worth having Stoinis there to bowl at best 4 overs when the bloke is at best an upgraded number 8? My answer is no

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well at least i can laugh at England now.

seriously though, fair effort to come back from 0/120 when you were 0-2. A loss would’ve ended the World Cup then and there for Australia, at least now we’ve got a shot especially if we can beat Pakistan.
we didn’t lose to Sri Lanka though

TheJediBrah

I'm not over the moon about Marnus but if the alternative is Stoin then it should definitely be Marnus
He bowled in the warmups and IIRC against India as well but I could be wrong on that

Anywho Maxwell bowls his full 10 in these conditions and actually doing a pretty good job. Head him self, if he can bowl is better than a part timer. Is it really worth having Stoinis there to bowl at best 4 overs when the bloke is at best an upgraded number 8? My answer is no
Yeah with Maxwell bowling 10, and doing it well, we have 5 proper bowlers. Any overs from Head, Stoin/Green, Marsh etc. are just a bonus if needed

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia needs to win 5 out of 6. If they can win vs Pakistan next, then 4 out of 5 from below-

Bangladesh, Netherlands, Afghanistan, New Zealand, England.

Can see Australia making it thru especially with Head returning soon. His addition helps strengthen and balance the batting order.

Warner
Head
Smith
Labu
Marsh
Inglis
Maxwell

This look a much better lineup! So I'd back Australia to make the semis.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
we didn’t lose to Sri Lanka though
Yeah daily reminder that the Chad Afghanistan qualified via the Super League and the Virigin Sri Lanka finished way below them, had to play the qualifying tournament with minnows like Nepal and West Indies, then talked up a big game because they'd won a bunch of ODIs in a row in the B League.