• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm trying to think who's playing for the Lions against Australia. If Sibley makes runs in that game, he must have a chance. But there really isn't anyone else I can think of.
Sibley hit 70-odd. Other than that Hain made a 50 and a 30 and Curran twin 50's.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A notable addition to the modern fashion for fast scoring collapses, run rate 3.59. It simply seems impossible to grind it out these days.

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
Who comes into this england batting line up? Stokes and Buttler I presume, but is there anyone else who’s a lock I haven’t factored in? Because it looks really bad for them tbh
Er..... Foakes.....Pope.....er.....um....Alex Davies???....um....

aussie tragic

International Captain
I'm trying to think who's playing for the Lions against Australia. If Sibley makes runs in that game, he must have a chance. But there really isn't anyone else I can think of.
That games was last week. Sibley made 74 and 30 to be the best bat

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sibley hit 70-odd. Other than that Hain made a 50 and a 30 and Curran twin 50's.
OK, so I managed to completely miss that game. Sibley's 70 may well be enough unless our second innings is very different to what we've seen today.

Burgey

Who do stokes and Buttler replace? Root is doing a Tendulkar and refusing to move up to put the team first, so if they’re all fit and firing is it:

Burns
Roy
Denley
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes/ Archer
Broad
Anderson

?

Burgey

Yeah but the talk is he’s bowled well recently. Haven’t watched them much or at all, so can’t really say

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Who do stokes and Buttler replace? Root is doing a Tendulkar and refusing to move up to put the team first, so if they’re all fit and firing is it:

Burns
Roy
Denley
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes/ Archer
Broad
Anderson

?

Archer's not fit until the 2nd test.
Woakes bats ahead of Ali, surely, which means Ali vs Leach for the one spinner's spot becomes a subplot over the next few days.

Burgey

He’s their best bat an has played there before. If he moved there it would improve the balance of their side immeasurably imo, but if he wants to bat four it’s his prerogative