• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
They'd have won with or without Gilchrist. The bowling won the game and without Gilchrist and with Vaas it would have been stronger still.
Did I say they wouldn't have won?...I thanked God because if Laxman thought like that then I couldn't see that inning from Gilly...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So you still want to drop him?
That depends on the team they're coming up against, with Gilchrist you're only getting a significant innings once every few matches. If you were coming against a decent team (ie not that Mumbai Indians side yesterday) would you want be having to find 8 overs from the likes of Bangar etc. ? There's a reason why that's only the first game they've won.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That depends on the team they're coming up against, with Gilchrist you're only getting a significant innings once every few matches. If you were coming against a decent team (ie not that Mumbai Indians side yesterday) would you want be having to find 8 overs from the likes of Bangar etc. ? There's a reason why that's only the first game they've won.
Are you aware that they're without Symonds now?...So it makes possible for Vaas and Gilchrist to coexist peacefully in the bunch (even with one between Gibbs and Styris)...or you still want Halhadhar in place of Gilly to give a chance to play both Gibbs and Styris?

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
Have to have Gilly in there, take note VVS isnt the best captain and he does go to Gilly a lot as well... he will play every game you would think and is a cement player for Deccan Chargers

Laurrz

International Debutant
jesus do people even play attention.
Yes, I am well aware - thought he had a chance of coming back..excuse myself

so is he ruled out for the whole thing?
Bangalore Royal Challengers

Shivnarine Chanderpaul is leaving on May 15 while Ashley Noffke and Ross Taylor leave on May 1 but the Royal Challengers won't be hit too hard. Misbah-ul-Haq, who has made Twenty20 his calling card, arrived on April 23 and Dale Steyn, who had a triumphant Test series against India, will be coming on April 27. Both are better players than Taylor and Noffke respectively but Chanderpaul will be missed as an opener. Wasim Jaffer looked out of place in the first game and Bangalore might decide to open with Praveen Kumar, who has opened in domestic cricket in the limited-overs format. The management is hopeful that the injured Bracken will get fit in time to replace Noffke. Even without him, they have a decent bowling line-up in Praveen , Zaheer Khan, Steyn and Anil Kumble, who is expected to get fit soon.

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
Delhi tastes its first defeat, while Mohali continues to impress

For the 'king of the bottom' game, Mumbai hits rock bottom, while Hybad gets on the points table with Gilly striking good form

TEAMS MP W L RR P
Chennai 3 3 0 +1.297 6
Rajasthan 4 3 1 +0.067 6
Kolkata 3 2 1 +1.363 4
Delhi 3 2 1 +1.712 4
Punjab 4 2 2 +0.294 4
Hyderabad 4 1 3 -0.005 2
Bangalore 3 1 2 -2.199 2
Mumbai 4 0 4 -1.866 0
Mumbai has more problems up its sleeves then it can manage .... no news on Tendulkar, Malinga & Fernando still out, Bhajji banned .... though I guess Fernando and Bhajii are not the best picks and thats what you get for paying someone like Bhajji 800K lol

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, I am well aware - thought he had a chance of coming back..excuse myself

so is he ruled out for the whole thing?
He was withdrawn from the whole tournment and just recovering from knee surgery or something. Would be stupid to risk it ahead of ODI series.

Laurrz

International Debutant
He was withdrawn from the whole tournment and just recovering from knee surgery or something. Would be stupid to risk it ahead of ODI series.
well i said i hope he would, as they would make the best fast bowling combo of the tourny imo... if not then yea..

Days of Grace

International Captain
how the **** was that a wide from Steyn.

Maybe in the future in T20, if the batman doesn't hit the ball, no matter how straight it is, it will be given wide.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Patel reminds me so much of Ronchi. Scores a quick fire 20 odd and then gets himself out. Like Ronchi he can't keep either. Ronchi scores his quick fire 20s quicker though tbf.

GGG

State Captain
Taylor had to bat through, wonder if the heat got to him again as he seemed to loss it towards the end of his innings.

Bouncer

State Regular
Wouldnt it have been so much fun had Bangalore played Misbah and he was facing sharma for the last over....8-)

It is beyond believe that RD is still keeping Misbah out...unbeliveable:unsure: