• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you acknowledge the bowling problem and suggest getting rid of one of the most effective Twenty20 bowlers?

Gilchrist is by a distance the man to go. His performances have been falling away for a while and he's done little so far.
Fixed now.

Top_Cat

Haha, love how the calls for Gilchrist to be dropped happen right before he hits the fastest 20/20 hundred. Relatively weak bowling attack but still, awesome knock.

Burgey

How often does it happen though? And I mean to all of us. when we make predictions/ comment on a player.
Still, there wouldn't be a forum if we didn't have opinions.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Expecting the Super Kings to wipe the floor with the rubbish Royal Challengers tonight.

Will Fleming finally get a game?

Last edited:

Top_Cat

How often does it happen though? And I mean to all of us. when we make predictions/ comment on a player.
Still, there wouldn't be a forum if we didn't have opinions.
Never to me. Not once.

*erases the post where he predicted Shahid Afridi would be the best all-rounder in the Test game about a month before he retired from it*

:ph34r:

Laurrz

International Debutant
i just watched highlights of Gillys knock

truly amazing

loved the shot to get the hundred.... the 'crack' noise when bat connects to ball is just WOW..... similar to that of Hoggard to Gilly in the WACA test match...

who was the commentator that said 'oh my word!!'

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So you acknowledge the bowling problem and suggest getting rid of one of the most effective Twenty20 bowlers?

Gilchrist is by a distance the man to go. His performances have been falling away for a while and he's done little so far.
Thank God Laxman didn't think like you.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
To be fair, anybody taking this comp seriously aside from the Indians is probably bored from the lack of any international tests going on. I'm surprised how emotional these games make the players, considering that it's only in its infancy.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marathi news channels are not being very kind at all to Bhajji or the Indians squad in general. I heard one guy say he was ashamed to be a Mumbaikar with the way the team is performing. They even crossed to a local temple where people were praying he regains fitness and brings the team up again :laugh:

Ugh, not a good time to be an Indians fan :( Next up is Kolkata and I don't think it will be pretty.

Burgey

To be fair, anybody taking this comp seriously aside from the Indians is probably bored from the lack of any international tests going on. I'm surprised how emotional these games make the players, considering that it's only in its infancy.
It's coin mate, pure and simple :).