• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Will Jacks was 17 off 17 at one point. :laugh:

What an innings and what a chase!!! It does look like 200 was par here but there were enough balls that gripped and turned. I think the difference was the RCB attitude. Faf went for it in the PP, Virat took over while Jacks settled in and then just let Jacks go crazy at the end. Very well planned and probably we are seeing some of the Andy Flower planning taking shape now finally. Happy for all RCB fans here and everywhere.

Personally super pleased that Siraj and Virat are finding some form for the WC.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australia should also seriously consider opening with JFM and Head. Get Warner to bat 3 now that MMarsh seems to be out.

Head
JFM
Warner
Maxwell
Inglis (wk)
Stoinis
David
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

scary looking side tbh.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic hitting from jacks, but also some dreadful bowling. Kept feeding into his arc on the stumps so he could hit Leg side. Both times mohit went wide and forced him to hit off side he toe ended it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The one reason I never get the Virat Kohli hate is seeing how generous he is in his praises when other teams/players play well. I mean, I know the Indian cricket fans online can go overboard with the Virat cam and all that, but honestly how confident would Jacks be feeling now seeing those reactions from Virat to his hitting. It was wonderful to see. 😍

Still think Jacks should be opening and Virat should be the one batting 3 but you take what you get with this RCB side.

Molehill

International Captain
Australia should also seriously consider opening with JFM and Head. Get Warner to bat 3 now that MMarsh seems to be out.

Head
JFM
Warner
Maxwell
Inglis (wk)
Stoinis
David
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Zampa

scary looking side tbh.
Trouble is, with only 11 a side and less flat pitches I don’t think teams can go as hard as they are here. Can see the likes of JFM or Jacks getting found out in the World Cup.

This IPL has highlighted the skills of a new set of players….and been a nightmare for bowlers.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Batting approach has changed drastically this year. The pitch doesnot even matter anymore.. Players will keep hitting and keep striking at incredible rates more often than not.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Kohli's post-match interview was classic. Aimed at the people questioning his SR.

"I play cricket for a living...what do you know about sr..."
Childish and defensive. @honestbharani This is what ppl dislike about Kohli. All well n good to hand out platitudes and appear the nice guy but he can get petty when possible improvements in his game are hinted at.

ma1978

State Captain
Childish and defensive. @honestbharani This is what ppl dislike about Kohli. All well n good to hand out platitudes and appear the nice guy but he can get petty when possible improvements in his game are hinted at.
maybe when you have 9000 test runs and are arguably the greatest ODI and t20i players of all time, you kind of take when you get and don’t need suggestions of possible improvmeents

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ah come on man.. I actually watched what he said. It can be annoying when every tom, dick or harry says things like that. I have commented on his batting failings everytime he has had them but its easily been the most unfair any cricketer has ever received in my time of watching this game. And FWIW, what he said is the absolute truth. I feel its only childlike and defensive to not accept this fact.

This does not mean he did not bat well in the games he didn't. But there can be multiple reasons for it. That game where he got his 100 and where so many here were criticizing his batting is a good example.

Last edited: