• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sydney in doubt for the 3rd Test due Covid outbreak. CA considering switching Brisbane and Sydney Tests or playing 2 Tests back to back in Melbourne.

I think they should move the 3rd Test to Adelaide with a pink ball :)
I know I should support 2 Tests in Melbourne but the MCG pitch is dogshit and I'd rather they cancel a test than play 2 here

aussie tragic

International Captain
Lucky they pay cricketers so much. Warner was able to take a private Jet from Sydney to Melbourne to beat the border closure (Abbott took a commercial flight)

Spark

Global Moderator
He'll be right. Will average 40 plus provided he gets long enough. Martyn was terrible when he was young. Truly. And that's just referring to him as a bloke.
He's not improved a huge amount on that based on his Twitter feed...

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
36 allout I can handle because it's funny. But Shami being out of the series on top of kohli going back home and Ishant already not playing is so deflating. :(

Despite being wicket less, I thought he bowled great. Oh well, hope Siraj looks better here than in the warmups.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Will India going into the MCG with only 4 bowlers? Isn't their only other option to play Jadeja at 7 but has he even recovered from his hammy?

Australia looks much more balanced with Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Green, Lyon, Labuschagne

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The closest to being balanced for India would be to play with -

Mayank
Rahul
Pujara
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Jaddu
Ashwin
Saini
Umesh
Bumrah

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, if Australia are smart about it, Head is the one to go. I think you guys are being too harsh on his dismissal. It was set up beautifully by Ash. Proper old school offie's dismissal of a left hander. Bowled a few that were full from the same trajectory and got him on-driving successfully a couple of times. Then threw one slightly up from a similar trajectory that dipped on him and then turned, resulting in the caught and bowled.

I actually think Head will be a good batsman in the long run but right now, for the next test, if Warner is fit, the best way you can fit him in is to pick on form and on form, I think Head is the one who has to go. Wade can bat 5.

Wont rule out them not playing Green though, if they are concerned about his back issues etc. May need him more for Brisbane which may well be the 3rd test now.