• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit annoying that Neser #canbat. Australia need more Hazlewood type bunnies.

trundler

Green pastures presenting themselves to the Australian middle order?
Or is the grass Greener on the other side?

Spikey

yeah pews, you would never shut up about cartwright. it was always 'he just got bowled' or 'he just got lbw'

Spark

Global Moderator
i remember pews bigging this guy up during peak mitch marsh and stoinis era. sad i never got to see this dude.
He actually seemed promising in the two games he played although, uh, one-dimensional. Then disappeared off the face of the earth and seemingly forgot how to bat for a while.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i remember pews bigging this guy up during peak mitch marsh and stoinis era. sad i never got to see this dude.
PEWS can't see actual frauds like Cartwright and the results from Arizona, many such cases of misjudgement.

You didn't miss much, I'll be honest.

Gnske

He actually seemed promising in the two games he played although, uh, one-dimensional. Then disappeared off the face of the earth and seemingly forgot how to bat for a while.
He went full Haseeb. Averaged above 50 prior to his debut and dropped all the way to 34.

To be fair, being at 50 in his first place seemed misleading even at the time.

Gnske

What happened to Patterson
Dumped from an Ashes squad that contained Cameron "How do you spell leg-gully" Bancroft, injured and was out for a bit and hasn't made consistent runs throughout that time (either side of COVID that is).

Spark

Global Moderator
IIRC he made about twenty runs in four innings for the A team just before the Ashes, and basically seemed to lose favour as a result

Burgey

Good to see things reverting to normal and Aus A sides bettering touring outfits. It's as things should be.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Disappointed with Siraj and Kuldeep's bowling efforts but to be fair, almost this entire attack has only played T20 games in over 10 months. And not all of these guys played even 10 T20 games in the IPL. Seems likely now that with Jaddu mostly missing out at Adelaide, it will be:

Mayank
Rahul
The Che
Virat
Jinks
Vihari
Pant
Ash (Jaddu if Jaddu is fit)
Nostrils
Shami
Boom Boom

Umesh's very visible outswing may still do a job at Adelaide with the pink ball if the wicket is how it was for the other day-night tests. Needs Jaddu to give some h4x with the bat. Ash has not batted properly for a long long time and the lack of FC cricket and the lack of batting time with his injury that he carried throughout the IPL means Umesh and Shami are more likely to score runs than him. Dunno how he will go with the pink ball esp. with the entire Aus batting line up likely to feature only 3 left handers and only 1 in the top 7 but wont bet against him figuring it out and going well.

It depends on our batsmen and our seamers though. Will be a good game if even one department is in good form.

TheJediBrah

Good to see things reverting to normal and Aus A sides bettering touring outfits. It's as things should be.
tbh the Aus A is about as strong as the India side they're up against in that regard, ie. a couple of Test players and a whole lot of back ups

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bumrah and co will hopefully take lots of wickets. Good to see Umesh getting some rhythm going.

Daemon

Very encouraging from Umesh, although I did see at least 10 leg stump half volleys.

Siraj is not there yet though he could do a holding sort of role. Tyagi barely fit to be a net bowler.