• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

cricketboy29

International Regular
Hopefully, Laxman, and Pathan, can do sometheing, for the people watchiong the match live, hows Pathan bowling, good bad, ok, what?

Beleg

International Regular
why do you say it is goner? I still think India has a fair chance of saving this match? They'll just need to playout 120 odd overs - which can't be that difficult, could it, if Indian batsman stonewall rather then going for runs?

Sehwag309

Banned
Beleg said:
why do you say it is goner? I still think India has a fair chance of saving this match? They'll just need to playout 120 odd overs - which can't be that difficult, could it, if Indian batsman stonewall rather then going for runs?
120 Overs, u kidding me right

They need to bat it out, time is more important than runs here...atleast 1.5 session but its aint easy, wicket is turning

Sehwag309

Banned
cricketboy29 said:
Hopefully, Laxman, and Pathan, can do sometheing, for the people watchiong the match live, hows Pathan bowling, good bad, ok, what?
1st Innings, nothing, but overall he isnt impressive in this series, but nothing can be worse than Ganguly

I thought he would take inspiration from the Opposition captain,

He did he scored 184

mofo123

U19 12th Man
180 overs... 14 wickets...pakistan HAVE to bat again...pakistan will have to put up a lead of 300 AT LEAST if they want to try an win 300 or less i feel india will get it. VERY VERY good test series...just to all those who sed it would b a whitewash...HA

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Goes to show how vital the toss was in this game. This happened throughout the series in Pakistan as well, where winning the toss was so vital. It is another matter that both Inzy and Dravid made wrong decisions at Multan and Lahore. The first day pitch was an absolute belter. A bit of bounce and spin on the second day and now even more spin and bounce. IT was a pity that Arshad KHan is frightened to flight the ball, for some reason. He ain't even bowling slowly, to allow the ball to grip, turn and bounce. I think most Indians contributed to their own downfalls though. Gambhir gave catching practice to second slip, Dravid played an extravagant shot to the wrong ball, Sachin tried to play a positive hit and edged it, Sourav ran down the track to a googly and looked rather stupid and Kaarthick cut a ball straight to the lone gully. Either side of him and it would have been 4. IMHO, only Kaarthick can be excused somewhat but the others....... :@

Duncan

U19 Debutant
I don't see Pakistan winning this, they are on top but they don't have enough time to take 4 more Indian wickets, bat and make a lead of atleast 350, and then take 10 more Indian wickets. It's just not going to happen. India wins the series 1-0, but India should be disappointed... this was Pakistan's weakest bowling EVER, and they could only manage 1-0.

Can't wait for the ODIs! I just hope it's not a draw, considering they have made it a six ODI series, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sehwag309 said:
I feel Pak will win

Mate, don't do that. All of your gut feelings have come true so far. You said India would win inspite of Afridi going berserk at Kolkata. You said INzy would win the toss and play a good knock. Now you are saying India will lose. I hope (and pray) this one time that you are wrong. :)

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
we rather lose the series 2/0 than not trying to win,atleast wel go down fighting ,its bin a good series so far with many ups n downs iv enjoyed the cricket

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Duncan said:
I don't see Pakistan winning this, they are on top but they don't have enough time to take 4 more Indian wickets, bat and make a lead of atleast 350, and then take 10 more Indian wickets.
So if they rip through the tail tomorrow morning they're 170 on with almost 2 days to go.

That's a lot of time.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Duncan said:
India should be disappointed... this was Pakistan's weakest bowling EVER, and they could only manage 1-0.
You have to remember that Pakistan were in Australia right before this series. Playing the Aussies brings up your performance a few notches. Pakistanis have fought hard, as I expected them to.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
So if they rip through the tail tomorrow morning they're 170 on with almost 2 days to go.

That's a lot of time.
Yeah, but India still has Laxman and their tail always seems to give Pakistan trouble. If they can reduce the lead to around 100 or so, Pakistan will need to bat in Twenty20 style if they want to win. They can't count on bowling out India in one day.

biased indian

International Coach
india should bat half way into the post lunch session if thaye want to save the tset from here on i think it will be time that will be important or if the tail can contribute a little they should try to reduce the lead to less than 100 but know i will say a 65-35 game for pakistan

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When love help up play

Okay this must definitely be a first.

A girl held up an 'I love you Zaheer' sign. It was broadcast on the big screen while the match was going on. The girl started blushing. Focus shifts to the dressing room. Zaheer is also seen smiling widely.

The girl blows a kiss.

Sehwag laughs while batting. The pakistani players laugh.

Zaheer blows a kiss even while Yuvraj is pepping Zaheer.

All this in the middle of the match. Surely the weirdest reason why play was held up ever.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pratyush said:
Okay this must definitely be a first.

A girl held up an 'I love you Zaheer' sign. It was broadcast on the big screen while the match was going on. The girl started blushing. Focus shifts to the dressing room. Zaheer is also seen smiling widely.

The girl blows a kiss.

Sehwag laughs while batting. The pakistani players laugh.

Zaheer blows a kiss even while Yuvraj is pepping Zaheer.

All this in the middle of the match. Surely the weirdest reason why play was held up ever.
that was hilarious. later on there was another girl holding a sign that said "i love bajji", maybe she was trying to do the same thing. didn't work tho.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pratyush said:
How is the series broadcast outside India? As in who all are commentating and which network etc.
in US, we get it through dishnetwork pay-per-view and ravi shastri, arun lal, sanjay manjrekar, amir sohail, rameez raja are the commentators. it would have been wise to sign some commentators not from the subcontinent. dean jones is really being missed in this tour.