• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Intelligent posters can correct me but what Burgey is saying that all the runs scored by Smith in 2017 series in INDIA were pressure free runs because no one gave AUS a chance to win that series ?
You've only got to look at the 3 runs Kohli scored in that series to see what pressure can do to a batsman.

JBMAC

State Captain
In all the decades I have been watching/playing this game of ours for the first time I would have to admit the Aussies fielding in all these test has been ****e. Sure there has been a couple of screamers taken, eg Kwajah to dismiss Kholi, but overall it (fielding) has lacked the crispness, the anticipation and the attack ALL Aussie sides have previously shown. Right back to Sheehan, Cowper, Redpath, Harvey, Symond ,Ponting etc etc etc. IMPO Paine is a little kid in adults cricket whites setting poor fields and there obviously not enough drilling or enthusiasm engendered into practice of the basics. The result ? Fielders have no enthusiasm or learned ability to put them on the edge. There appears little or no cameradrie when in the field making the Batsman's job to score runs that much easier. Something must be done about the basics before trying to get smart.

social

Long-term bet proposition: Pujara will end with higher test aggregate and test average than Kohli.

Any takers?
Done

Pujara was dropped against England & SA and was saved in the first test by our failure to review

He went on to score hundreds on roads

Kohli is levels above

Burner

International Regular
Done

Pujara was dropped against England & SA and was saved in the first test by our failure to review

Kohli is levels above
The bet would have a little risk if Pujara was better on roads but I think even on roads Kohli's better, at least in the recent past.

Although if India were to play on minefields at home Pujara will outscore Kohli but that's unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli's definitely a better batsman and has had the far superior career so far. Going forward, no one can really say but I'd be very surprised if Pujara ended up being considered better by the time their careers ended

Pujara's fantastic at what he does, but his flaws are definitely more glaring. There's a possibility he ends up with a better average but a very very minute possibility that he ends up with as rounded a record as Kohli's.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Done

Kohli is levels above
I'll have a Kohli avatar selected by you, or you'll have a Pujara avatar selected by me for one year after the later one retires / ends his career. Ok?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Let's not make Kohli out to be some perpetual downhill skier though. He has played a few critical knocks in challenging conditions too; his MO is obv different from Pujara's though so he's more liable to occasionally getting out without seeing us through to safety. The two compliment each other perfectly and are good for us in their own ways.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time for Australian cricket to start counting the gains from losing | SMH

I never get the motivation for articles like this, essentially "We've hit rock-bottom, can only go up from here." How much time does anyone reckon Paine has left as a fit cricketer, let alone skipper? One of the quicks being crocked is a matter of time and precisely zero of the bats tried as shown enough to upend the key Aussie batting strategy of 'wait until the bans are over.'

Imagine how this article will look in a year when the Ashes are lost and the team is knocked out of the WC without winning a game. Think things can't worse? Hilariously naive.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Not sure where it was spoken about but there were some drastic changes to Australia ODI side obviously taking into account resting the 3 quicks. But for a long time I did believe the Australian batting was to hit and miss from T20 so Lynn/Short left out and they also left out Head (I'm happy as I would like him to focus on his test cricket but he only goes back to the bash and 50-over cricket should suit him most at this stage) Call-up of Siddle pretty interesting to say the least....

Squad Aaron Finch (capt), Jason Behrendorff, Alex Carey, Peter Handscomb, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Peter Siddle, Billy Stanlake, Marcus Stoinis, Adam Zampa

StephenZA

With all the Aussie WC bashing... just know they gonna win somehow, almost depressingly predictable.

Burner

International Regular
Has Australia ever won when they were the underdogs? I can't ever recall something like that happening although I've never watched a WC in which they were not stupidly strong.

Starfighter

Siddle's last ODI was in November 2010. Let that sink in for a moment. I don't know if he'll actually play but wow is this up there with great recalls.

Starfighter

Has Australia ever won when they were the underdogs? I can't ever recall something like that happening although I've never watched a WC in which they were not stupidly strong.
87 I'd suppose, though I think that team was relatively (significantly) stronger than this one.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1987 (favorites: Pakistan/India), 1999 (favorites: South Africa)

Last edited: