• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Spark

Global Moderator
C’mon dude

Only a blind optimist would tip Australia this series

The batting lineup is the worst I have seen us field plus we’ve lost 3 tosses on roads and the bowlers get no rest before having to get out there again
yeah i would have said, until today, that aus have outperformed expectations

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jadeja is quite a good lower order batsman. 10 half centuries now to go with a century. The track is an absolute road though.
The second thing.

Why in earth did we prepare a road? 600 is too many runs for a first innings score when we have to win to level the series.

cnerd123

likes this
in this thread alone we have Aussies bemoaning:
> the state of domestic cricket
> the state of pitches and quality of groundsmen
> the state of selections and player development at all levels
> the administration and leadership in Aussie cricket

idk enough on Australian cricket to know for sure, but there does seem to be some serious concern that this isn't just a downward swing, but symptomatic of genuine issues in Australian cricket that need to be addressed.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
As a kiwi lad we always had it driven into our psyche how much of a tosser warnie is. But when he sits there and actually talks cricket, you can really tell he loves the game and it's quite a pleasure to listen to.
Yeah, I have a lot of time for him. I think people just dislike really outspoken personalities, but at least with them what you see is usually what you get.

Spark

Global Moderator
this is nowhere near as embarrassing as the mcg and sydney tests in 2010-11. and yet consider what that same pace attack (mostly) would do a few years later to exactly the same batting lineup

Spark

Global Moderator
Amusing reading this morning.... some very triggered Aussies on here.
one, really

idk enough on Australian cricket to know for sure, but there does seem to be some serious concern that this isn't just a downward swing, but symptomatic of genuine issues in Australian cricket that need to be addressed.
yeah but none of those complaints are really about this series. this is obviously the result of those long-term failings, but if roll india for 250 here then it doesn't change any of those things.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

It's mostly just one guy complaining tbf

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't believe more Australians aren't livid with the fact that the 7th wicket Indian partnership is now over 150.

Spark

Global Moderator
one very bad..... a few disgruntled. Understandably.
i mean, i have watched a hell of a lot of australian sides do this to touring sides. often on this very ground. sometimes it goes back the other way. it's sport, **** happens.