• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Indian XI is pretty interesting, lot of questions to answer.

1) Combination - 4 or 5 bowlers? After sticking to the 5 bowler theory for a long time, the team seems to have settled on 3 seamers and 1 spinner.
2) Which spinner? Ashwin, Jadeja or Kuldeep? Ashwin/Jadeja is a toss up depending on the number of right handers vs left handers, and Kuldeep I guess is for a more attacking option on flat tracks?
3) Which middle order batsmen should play out of Rahane, Rohit and Vihari?

Personally, I'd go with Rohit and or Vihari. Rahane will definitely play but it's a do or die series for him. He badly needs to score a 100. He was awesome for a long time but is now performing so terribly both in the international scene but also for Hampshire this county season after what looked like a good start with a 100 first up but then probably averaged 10 for the next 10 innings.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Last minute injury problems for West Indies. Apparently both Keemo Paul and Shane Dowrich picked up injuries. Miguel Cummins and Jamar Hamilton have come in to replace them.

Now it's consistent and logical selection as those two have been in numerous A team squads and performed ok. It's just a shame that I don't rate either of them. Cummins bowls way too short and Hamilton's keeping has really nose dived.

I would honestly let Shai Hope keep for one match instead and bring in another batsman.

My lineup now:

Braithwaite
Campbell
Hope (wk)
Bravo
Hetmeyer
Chase
Brooks
Holder
Cornwall
Roach
Gabriel

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Feels like this is going to be a real test of our progress and resilience as a test team. Dowrich has been a key part of our progress with his solid lower order batting.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last minute injury problems for West Indies. Apparently both Keemo Paul and Shane Dowrich picked up injuries. Miguel Cummins and Jamar Hamilton have come in to replace them.

Now it's consistent and logical selection as those two have been in numerous A team squads and performed ok. It's just a shame that I don't rate either of them. Cummins bowls way too short and Hamilton's keeping has really nose dived.

I would honestly let Shai Hope keep for one match instead and bring in another batsman.

My lineup now:

Braithwaite
Campbell
Hope (wk)
Bravo
Hetmeyer
Chase
Brooks
Holder
Cornwall
Roach
Gabriel
They are really missing something by not including Bramble...he can counterattack. Something he did for our Jaguars quite well.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ooh some interesting calls made by India. Jadeja has overtaken Ashwin as the team's primary spinner. Hmm...can't actually argue with Jadeja's performance off late.

And no place for Rohit Sharma even amongst 6 batsmen.

Last edited: