• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Im hoping this is a good test series. Wi showed some grit at times back in 2016 and they look far better now. Very keen to see Roach, Holder and Cornwall in particular, and they also have Bravo back who I've always loved. There's a very good test team buried somehwere in that WI team.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, Im hoping this is a good test series. Wi showed some grit at times back in 2016 and they look far better now. Very keen to see Roach, Holder and Cornwall in particular, and they also have Bravo back who I've always loved. There's a very good test team buried somehwere in that WI team.
A world class spinner and more consistent batting all around was what we were missing. Hopefully those will both be resolved soon but looking at our A team and Under 19 there isn't much around to be perfectly honest. Brandon King looks seriously good but could do with one more big FC season to prove it. Otherwise not a lot IMO.

vcs

Disappointing to see Rahane fail again in the practice match. May need to move on from him after this series. Hope the No.5 and No. 6 slots for us don't become a revolving door.

wrongun

Banned
Recall Roston Chase doing well in that series with the bat and saving that one test. I hope Shai Hope emerges as a leading run getter in the series. Genuinely hope the pitches are lively especially in Kingston.

wrongun

Banned
North Sound recieved 1 demerit point from the Windies Eng test from earlier this year due to uneven bounce and the match finishing inside 3 days. I hope that doesnt force the curators to create a docile road.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Disappointing to see Rahane fail again in the practice match. May need to move on from him after this series. Hope the No.5 and No. 6 slots for us don't become a revolving door.
Who'd replace him though? Iyer or Gill? Long term if Rahane is binned:

Mayank
Shaw
Pujara
Kohli
Iyer/Gill
Pant
Ashwin
Jadeja
Bhuvi/Shami
Ishant
Bumrah

Daemon

Vihari is next in line.

Although I see that Gill is averaging a cool 83 in FC now with that 204* against Windies A.

Ulzan69

Banned
Yesterday jadoo and bumrah toothless vs kido

Good to see Pujara (100)
Rohit (68) & Vihari aggregates 85* now in 3 day games

Umesh/Kuldey/Ishant all 3 took 3 wickets each
Saini will be stays in WI as stand by.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Fully expect India to get completely demolished in at least one innings while underrating the WI bowling.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Who'd replace him though? Iyer or Gill? Long term if Rahane is binned:

Mayank
Shaw
Pujara
Kohli
Iyer/Gill
Pant
Ashwin
Jadeja
Bhuvi/Shami
Ishant
Bumrah
Yeah medium term I'd be looking at what you've got there + Bawne and Vihari as middle order options, Kuldeep as the depth spinner, and Yadav as the other depth quick. Makes for a pretty settled squad.

The only real Qs are who locks down #5, who's Pant's understudy, and whether to rely on Rahul as the depth opener.

Daemon

Statistical analysis of Rakheem Cornwall's FC career.

A bit of info on the big man for those of you who don't know much about him. Statistically and performance wise, no-one deserves a test call up more. Looking forward to seeing him on that test stage at his home ground.
Gotta love how they call it a statistical analysis when the only thing they've done is (a) say that not many players have a lower bowling than batting average and (b) shown his average against left and right handers