• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies 2019

Ulzan69

Banned
Only a stupid coach like Ravi Shastri would have Pant bat at 4 and Shreyas Iyer at 5!
Ravi s should go tomorrow friday-- Kapil dev insist I will take Ravis interview for coach job on Skype only

5 others dev will interviews than announces new coach

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
He scored test century both
At Australia and England but
His time will be back

India must give
Opportunity to Gill and keeper
Srikar Bharat while Dhawan and pant around
Hi Ulzan, Welcome to the forum. Possible to provide your opinions in sentences instead of poems? Finding it a little difficult to read.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI must be sick of the sight of Kohli by now. Last 10 ODI matches - 111*, 140, 157*, 107, 16, 33*, 72, DNB, 120, 114*.

Voges level bullying.

vcs

Iyer looked really good, should have given him more opportunities rather than Rayudu, Karthik, Shankar etc. before the World Cup.

Hope Pant doesn't turn out an even more leg-side hacky version of Raina, terrible series for him.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Pant is overrated
Don't think Pant is overrated. Had a good start in tests and he is fairly rated there.

In ODIs, he has been poor so far and does not have a good List A record either. Might figure out how to play in ODIs in the long run, don't know though. If there is better candidate than Pant, we should be definitely playing him instead. Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson are couple of other names which come to mind. Samson has a mediocre List A record as well.

h_hurricane

Kohli becomes the only batsman in history to score 20K runs in a decade. Looks set to break Tendulkar's record of 34K runs.

Beamer

WI must be sick of the sight of Kohli by now. Last 10 ODI matches - 111*, 140, 157*, 107, 16, 33*, 72, DNB, 120, 114*.

Voges level bullying.
I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon either. With Holder's defensive captaincy and us always dropping him at key moments like today, I can see him scoring a record amount of runs against us by the end of his career.

Beamer

So where do we put Cornwall in the field? In FC cricket he spends all day at slip or midwicket/shortmidwicket. Do you think that's feasible in tests?

I hope the crowds in Antigua will come in, they've been campaigning for Rakheem for ages (as have lots of us to be fair). Really looking forward to the 1st test.

Beamer

Incidentally, I think Rakheem owes Virat a lot. I can't confirm this, but I heard that after he got Virat and a number of others out in a warm up match and then struck a 50, Virat wrote to the WICB asking why he wasn't being selected.

If that's true, what a great thing to do!

SillyCowCorner1

So where do we put Cornwall in the field? In FC cricket he spends all day at slip or midwicket/shortmidwicket. Do you think that's feasible in tests?

I hope the crowds in Antigua will come in, they've been campaigning for Rakheem for ages (as have lots of us to be fair). Really looking forward to the 1st test.
He does field in the slips. He's a good fielder there. Cover and mid-on and off can be alternatives

vcs

Looking forward to this series. West Indies played some brilliant cricket against England earlier this year. Loved watching Holder, Roach, Joseph and co.

Beamer

Looking forward to this series. West Indies played some brilliant cricket against England earlier this year. Loved watching Holder, Roach, Joseph and co.
Our test bowling is very good, especially if Cornwall performs as hoped. Batting still leaves a huge amount to be desired though.

Still, the attitude of our test team is generally much better than the ODI side and there are less stupid shots. Holder's captaincy is also usually a lot better.

vcs

Our test bowling is very good, especially if Cornwall performs as hoped. Batting still leaves a huge amount to be desired though.

Still, the attitude of our test team is generally much better than the ODI side and there are less stupid shots. Holder's captaincy is also usually a lot better.
Wish Joseph was available, could watch him bowl all day.