• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Had a weekend away. So much for leaving early enough to catch the second innings...

Who else in South Africa found a dodgy feed for this series? 2015-16 SA A tour of India. I managed to catch this game: 6th Match, India A Team Triangular Series at Chennai, Aug 13 2015 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo . Apart from Zondo, no-one could play Axar Patel at all. Worst was de Bruyn, who tried to get out at least four times in his 9 ball innings before succeeding... Wonder who might get a recall in the second four ODI's? Elgar? I don't see a whole lot of other options TBH...

Bahseph

International Debutant
Yeah Zondo basically lives on spin in Durban. The problem with him is he looks good until he plays a hack shot. Exactly like today. It's absolutely weird to say, but I'm way more comfortable with Behardian coming in when we are 40/4 than I am when I see Miller walk out there.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
this SA team looks seriously short on batting ability..Miller fails again but they keep persevering with him-cant see it myself..

Stefan9

International Debutant
this SA team looks seriously short on batting ability..Miller fails again but they keep persevering with him-cant see it myself..
Because his record against most sides is still good. Average 38 strike rate of 102. We all know his issues against spin.
Also if SA drop him who should replace him ? Easy to say drop someone but the replacement needs to be better.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Because his record against most sides is still good. Average 38 strike rate of 102. We all know his issues against spin.
Also if SA drop him who should replace him ? Easy to say drop someone but the replacement needs to be better.
but if you know he has issues against spin, surely India isn't the team to play him against. I get what you're saying about a replacement needing to be better and I fully agree, but surely there must be someone?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How low are SA's odds to win the next game without ABdV, Faf and QdK? Bowling first and knocking India over would be their best shot.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Probably good timing for qdk. He is so out of sorts. Some fishing with Steyn is probably what he needs.

As for the team guess markram moves up to open and klaasen comes in at 3.

SeamUp

International Coach
Probably has to be Klaasen at 3 but would love to see him at 5 but then JP or Miller has to bat 3.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
People shouldn't be moved too much from their usual positions imo. Miller needs to be groomed at 6 - that will be his position in the World Cup. A settled batting lineup can do wonders - NZ is showing that in recent times. People moving all over the places ****s their minds.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where's Albie Morkel?
Retired from international cricket... not going to be looked at because he is not the future and SA are, rightly or wrongly, more likely to throw in youngsters at this stage. And Frylinck performances have been far better recently and is the more likely call up if SA wanted to go that way.

People shouldn't be moved too much from their usual positions imo. Miller needs to be groomed at 6 - that will be his position in the World Cup. A settled batting lineup can do wonders - NZ is showing that in recent times. People moving all over the places ****s their minds.
The problem with SA (as SeamUp has mentioned) is that all our best bats have been playing in the top 4 at FC level and thus we have no international quality players for the 5/6 sot that know that position well. Behardien is the only consistent player in that position that has done well. This leaves SA in a position of not knowing where the best position for the players are hence some of the chop and change. The top 4 seem settled, Amla, QDK, Faf, ABdV.... after that is anybody's guess.

Regards Miller, we tried him at 6 and he takes to much time to get in. He is an exceptional clean stiker of the ball but needs at least 2/3 overs before he hits out, not ideal for a number 6 so he was shifted to the no 5 spot and he did do better, but with Markram and Duminy he gets shifted down to 6 again. But not sure that is his best spot.

anaksr

U19 Debutant
I kind of feel bad for Klaasen. He might have never faced some one like chahal and Kuldeep. Now he will be in firing line.

pdsubbu

Cricket Spectator
Despite loss in the Test series, I feel proud of Indian team.

A great start to the ODI's. Hoping for 3-0. A win today means a lot to me.