• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

biased indian

International Coach
Haven't had a chance to catch much of this Test, how has the umpiring been? Never thought I would see two shockers from Taufel though.
atleast it evened out....if ur refering to the last 2 decision

thing in the end NZ had one extra bad deciosn going aganist them

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
How gutless is Virender Sehwag - Sending Rahul Dravid out to open to protect his average.

This is why he'll never be anywhere near as good as Hayden, because he doesn't play for the team, he plays for himself. Sehwag knows that he can't play in difficult conditions, that's why he averages under 10 with the bat as an opener in South Africa & New Zealand after several matches.

Hayden opened the batting in every single Test innings he played, even in the difficult patches at the end of the day, where nothing was to be gained. It's not only because Hayden was a way better batsman then Sehwag but because of little things like this that make Hayden bigger then Sehwag will ever be. It's a joke that Sehwag is even mentioned in the same breathe as Hayden.

Well done to Gautam Gambhir though, a much better opening batsman then Virender Sehwag!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How gutless is Virender Sehwag - Sending Rahul Dravid out to open to protect his average.

This is why he'll never be anywhere near as good as Hayden, because he doesn't play for the team, he plays for himself. Sehwag knows that he can't play in difficult conditions, that's why he averages under 10 with the bat as an opener in South Africa & New Zealand after several matches.

Hayden opened the batting in every single Test innings he played, even in the difficult patches at the end of the day, where nothing was to be gained. It's not only because Hayden was a way better batsman then Sehwag but because of little things like this that make Hayden bigger then Sehwag will ever be. It's a joke that Sehwag is even mentioned in the same breathe as Hayden.

Well done to Gautam Gambhir though, a much better opening batsman then Virender Sehwag!
It must suck to be a dumbass hey?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think he's got an injury champ. And I doubt you'd find a player with less concern about padding his stats than Sehwag.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At this rate, it would have been better off for NZ to lose by an innings then have Gambhir carve up their opening bowlers.

Apparently O'Brien is in doubt for the 2nd test as well.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't coming out and knocking it around for an easy 15-20 not out actually boost his average anyway?

Craig

World Traveller
I would hate for O'Brien to miss the second Test. Really have been forced in the last 12 months to have changed my view, and I am happy to admit I was wrong. Really does have a lot of ticker does Mr O'Brien. Plus I like to read his blogs.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well Done India. First win in NZ in 33 Years, I was in nappies then.

It is a very special time for Indian Cricket and I am sure greats like Tendulkar, Dravid will have an added satisfaction that they took Indian Cricket to a much bigger height not only through their performance, but also with their sheer professionalism and leadership. So happy and proud.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cricinfo is talking up Tendulkars innings a bit much IMO.

The first 70 runs were gritty, and a little lucky. While he was admittedly sublime for the rest of the innings it was well below the great mans best. I guess we just remember the latter part of the innings a bit more clearly than its shakey beginnings.