• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

adharcric

International Coach
For a change, Dhoni was very disappointing today. Forget the missed chances, why did Yusuf Pathan get only 5 overs after taking 1 for 14? He did an excellent job of restricting McCullum and Ryder in the middle overs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
In all fairness Ed, do you really think it would have made an ounce of difference?
Yeah you're right. We do keep going on about the NZ bowling going to the dogs in this series compared to against Oz, but really this Indian ODI side has put far more pressure on the bowlers than the Australian top order ever did in the C-H series.

Especially Sehwag obviously - can't understand how he only averages 32... guess in some ways the NZ bowlers can feel 'unlucky' that he's been in such great form!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Especially Sehwag obviously - can't understand how he only averages 32... guess in some ways the NZ bowlers can feel 'unlucky' that he's been in such great form!
I can understand how Sehwag averages 32. As talented a strokemaker as he is, I'll say this again; he's very hit-and-miss & relies on luck much more than most batsmen to succeed. If its his day, he's as devastating as anyone in the world as he proved again tonight. But he's just as likely to get bowled with a wreakless shot swinging across the line as he did in the last onedayer. Even tonight when it was his night there were a good number of ugly mistimed swipes in between some incredible shots. I think what helps Sehwag at the moment is the fact that he has confidence in the batting that follows. It would certainly be more difficult for a batsman like Sehwag if he the best batsman in a weak team where he couldn't quite play with the same carefree freedom

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This Indian ODI batting line-up is something to behold.

Seriously good team.

Only the Aust ODI team of 06/07 beats it in recent times, in terms of performance.

Zinzan

Seriously good team.

Only the Aust ODI team of 06/07 beats it in recent times, in terms of performance.
I'd say purely in terms of one-day batting this Indian line-up >>> Aust 06/07 quite comfortably

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'd say purely in terms of one-day batting this Indian line-up >>> Aust 06/07 quite comfortably
This would even have to be one of the best batting sides to visit NZ in a long time. Can't think of a better lineup to visit NZ in the past 10 years at least.

Zinzan

This would even have to be one of the best batting sides to visit NZ in a long time. Can't think of a better lineup to visit NZ in the past 10 years at least.
If we're talking ODI's, forget the last 10 years, you'd have to think best ever to visit NZ

masterblaster

International Captain

Seriously good team.

So agree with this. To watch this Indian team bat when in top form is something else and the style in which they score is just great entertainment.

I never really thought I'd ever see an Indian team so dominant. It's fantastic to see that they are no longer purely reliant on Sachin Tendulkar like they were in the 90's.

I loved what Dhoni said in the presentation how this Indian team is different in that they all play as a collective unit and somebody or the other invariably raises their hand and makes their performance count. The fact that it's a different batsman in every game is a most pleasing sign as well.

Under Dhoni, this Indian team is professional, cohesive and genuinely pride themselves on teamwork. Things that India has never been in the past as we have always been a team with individual superstars and not a purely cohesive unit like now.

James

Cricket Web Owner
If we're talking ODI's, forget the last 10 years, you'd have to think best ever to visit NZ
Probably would be yeah.

I don't think the Kiwis have played as badly as it appears. The Indians have just been too good and I take my hat off to them. Some amazing superb quality all-round play and they certainly are now an all-round team.

Evermind

International Debutant
Would be silly to not give Ishant, Dhoni and Tendulkar a rest. Maybe Zaheer too. Play Munaf and Praveen - it's a dead rubber after all.

NZ need to win the last one to get their confidence back up. Styris should be back - if I'm not wrong, he was the top kiwi batsman in the previous WC?

Mills is easily NZ's best pace bowler in the past decade after Bond. I'd say though Bond was in the Hadlee-McGrath-Ambrose league, Mills is in the Lee-Zaheer-Flintoff league, which is really not bad at all.

Zinzan

Under Dhoni, this Indian team is professional, cohesive and genuinely pride themselves on teamwork. Things that India has never been in the past as we have always been a team with individual superstars and not a purely cohesive unit like now.
As a skipper, I'm still not convinced Dhoni's that great tactically, but his man-management skills & ability to get the best out of his troops is absolutely superb

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know it'll seem like bitterness to complain about the pitches, but seriously WTF?! Who the hell's idea was it to produce 4 consecutive batting paradises? Now I'm not saying that I'd like the kind of green tops that we got 6 years ago, but how about just normal NZ batting tracks? Par scores of 230-250 with slow low bounce, some seam early on and a bit of turn? It's like in an effort to compensate for last time, they've gone too far and produced tracks that play right into India's hands.

Having said that, all our bowlers have been attrocious. 8.2 an over after 9 is poor no matter what the pitch is like.
No different to NZ's 3-0 victory over Australia where NZ were chasing 350 down comfortably.
I'm not sure. I love this Indian team, but I was in awe of this Australian ODI batting line-up:

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey

Evermind

International Debutant
No different to NZ's 3-0 victory over Australia where NZ were chasing 350 down comfortably.

I'm not sure. I love this Indian team, but I was in awe of this Australian ODI batting line-up:

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Man for man:

Hayden > Gambhir
Gilchrist = Sehwag
Ponting = Tendulkar
Martyn >= Raina
Clarke >= Yuvraj
Symonds = Dhoni
Hussey >>> Pathan

I'd say the Australian lineup edges out the Indian one.

Zinzan

Man for man:

Hayden > Gambhir
Gilchrist = Sehwag
Ponting = Tendulkar
Martyn >= Raina
Clarke >= Yuvraj
Symonds = Dhoni
Hussey >>> Pathan

I'd say the Australian lineup edges out the Indian one.
If we're talking purely one-day batting here, I'd personally have ........

Hayden > Gambhir
Gilchrist = Sehwag
Ponting < Tendulkar
Martyn < Raina
Clarke << Yuvraj
Symonds = Dhoni
Hussey >>> Pathan

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Dunno what to say tbh..

Poor all around by our team in the bowling...

Also wtf was veto thinking by batting first ??

We didnt deserve to win this series... we looked nothing like the team that played Australia... looked

Poor bowling
Poor captaincy
Poor selections (honestly.. Thompson vs best batting team for a long time.. say wat)

Congrats India.. you deserved it far more than us...

I still think Indias bowling attack is nothing near special imho.. but your batters are great :)

Well done

biased indian

International Coach
if this game had been rained off say around 19.2 over it would have been abandoned rite ??

but India already over the par score for 20 overs i think the rule should accommodate that case and award the game to india