• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
NZ cricket needs players who can play spin very well in the test matches... comon selectors go on hunt for them

Howsie

International Captain
My test team:

1.McIntosh
2.Redmond
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.Elliot
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Southee
10.McClenaghan
11.O'Brien

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Next Team

1.Ryder
2.McCullum
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Elliot
7.McGlashan
8.Franklin
9.Mills
10.Vettori
11.McClenaghan
Never thought I'd say this, But I wouldn't really care if they dropped Oram at the moment either. Sick of his petty injuries, his negative body language & more than anything his lack of confidence when he starts his innings with the bat. He always looks so scared he's going to get out & plays so tentatively that he ends up getting out. As an all-rounder he should back himself more given he has two strings to his bow. He's one of the worst starters to his innings that I can remember tbh.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Next Team

1.Ryder
2.McCullum
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Elliot
7.McGlashan
8.Franklin
9.Mills
10.Vettori
11.McClenaghan
Franklin in your ODI team but not in your test team? Suspect his ODI bowling would be smacked around even worse than Southee's.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn has been in horrible form, and Elliot has been going very well.
LOL, actually in NZ A games Flynn has scored a couple of 'grinding 30s' from a fair few balls - ie. the exact thing that NZ pick him for! Sure he'll probably average 20 but I'd keep him in the team purely as an ugly buffer between our unreliable openers and Taylor (aka our best batsman) at 4.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He's usually a bit better than this. That's not to say he's world class, but this is an unusually poor effort from him. Great batting, though.
Out of interest, who would NZ fans have picked instead of Thompson? I guess there is Southee, N McCullum, Patel, Franklin, Howsie's favourite and maybe whatever quick is next in line domestically (Brent Arnel maybe?).

Edit: Oh yeah, and Scotty Styris if he can bowl a bit.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon Sehwag would've been brutal against Jeets but he still a far better chance of getting him out than Thompson does.