• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
eek doesn't matter who we're playing, a Taylorless batting line up looks so much worse. Our openers really really really need to step up now because you can't expect KW, Baz and the lower middle order to bail NZ out again.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
eek doesn't matter who we're playing, a Taylorless batting line up looks so much worse. Our openers really really really need to step up now because you can't expect KW, Baz and the lower middle order to bail NZ out again.
Agreed, when he have played against good spells of seam bowling in helpful conditions like Lords, Auckland, Hobart only Taylor & Brownlee have scored runs.
* I discount KW at lords cause he was dropped about 4 times

Binkley

U19 Captain
Today is warm and sunny in Wellington, and the forecast for tomorrow is for more of the same. After weeks of dismal weather, this makes a great change. Anyway, because of the good weather my guess is that the pitch won't look quite so green and underdone by the time Friday rolls around.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Today is warm and sunny in Wellington, and the forecast for tomorrow is for more of the same. After weeks of dismal weather, this makes a great change. Anyway, because of the good weather my guess is that the pitch won't look quite so green and underdone by the time Friday rolls around.
The long range forecast (SHOCK HORROR!) looks pretty good as well doesn't it.

I agree with Flem as well, this to my mind is the final chance for Fulton and Rutherford otherwise I imagine we'll see a new opening pair come the West Indies tour. They'll probably be feeling that and will hopefully come out and prove everyone wrong.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The long range forecast (SHOCK HORROR!) looks pretty good as well doesn't it.

I agree with Flem as well, this to my mind is the final chance for Fulton and Rutherford otherwise I imagine we'll see a new opening pair come the West Indies tour. They'll probably be feeling that and will hopefully come out and prove everyone wrong.
Well presumably Latham walks into the team unless he looks woefully out of depth.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
**** thats green. The game is starting tomorrow right(?), so its going to be a must win toss

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
**** thats green. The game is starting tomorrow right(?), so its going to be a must win toss
It won't look like that tomorrow. A couple of trims and a day or two under the sun will see it look pretty similar to the one that we played WI on last year. But yeah, definitely a bowl first pitch.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
It won't look like that tomorrow. A couple of trims and a day or two under the sun will see it look pretty similar to the one that we played WI on last year. But yeah, definitely a bowl first pitch.
The WI game was much much browner a day out

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Can't help but feel that this only brings India into the game. Especially considering our bowlers haven't had a great deal of time to recover from their marathon effort on Sunday.

Would almost prefer a Dunedin Oval flatty. Almost, but not quite. Because I still want to see something worth watching.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can't help but feel that this only brings India into the game. Especially considering our bowlers haven't had a great deal of time to recover from their marathon effort on Sunday.

Would almost prefer a Dunedin Oval flatty. Almost, but not quite. Because I still want to see something worth watching.
Na, I reckon we're far more likely to get something out of the wicket than they are and if there is plenty there we will be able to use it better.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Did you see how much seam Sharma was getting at Eden Park when he couldn't even get it upright? Another 5-for here and India will be ****ed for the next 10 years

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Na, I reckon we're far more likely to get something out of the wicket than they are and if there is plenty there we will be able to use it better.
anyone can get something out of that wicket. Even Shannon Gabriel would be a handful on that. All you have to do is bowl straight and full and let the wicket do the work.

Days of Grace

International Captain
The only reasons I'd have Latham at no.4 would be to keep the left-right mix going down to no.7 and not breaking up a batting order which seems to be working well.

Otherwise, I hope McCullum takes some responsibility and moves to no.4.

First session tomorrow very important (well, duh). I hope we are no more than 2 wickets down by lunch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone that things a green track with nz not having Taylor is worse for India is naive and getting sucked in to old stereotypes. If it plays like it looks, the game just became a lottery. Why would you want that at home? And only one team is missing their best batsman.

Nz probably still favourites but not by as much now.

Last edited: