• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This poor light should be an advantage for us. If it doesn't change we're looking at another 15 overs of spin.

Blocky

Banned
This poor light should be an advantage for us. If it doesn't change we're looking at another 15 overs of spin.
The only benefit to that is well rested faster bowlers with a ball that'll be getting close to the reverse swing overs.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
tbh, the sooner we get to the new ball, the better. If we eke out 1-2 wickets before then, it's all over.

India need to take on the spinners because of this fact.

Blocky

Banned
McCullum with a bad back, having faced over 50 overs while batting pretty much all day yesterday and he's still our most outstanding fielder on the park.

Blocky

Banned
That's actually not too bad for NZ - I think India were just starting to get some confidence against our spinners and looking to attack them. This will break the momentum they were starting to build.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Why don't they start play 30 minutes earlier to avoid bad light. Seems like it always happens.

My bad light story is that once I went to the basin and it got quite dark at about 2pm and they played through it. Then it got to the same darkness at 5pm and because it was 5pm they said lets come off.

Obviously I didn't have a light meter with me but I do think they could play on a bit longer sometimes.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sigh, Boult really does get shafted by the umpires when it comes to lbw's. They just can't seem to understand that he gets close to the stumps and swings it. Playing without the drs almost seems like a different sport at times.

GingerBreadMan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why don't they start play 30 minutes earlier to avoid bad light. Seems like it always happens.

My bad light story is that once I went to the basin and it got quite dark at about 2pm and they played through it. Then it got to the same darkness at 5pm and because it was 5pm they said lets come off.

Obviously I didn't have a light meter with me but I do think they could play on a bit longer sometimes.
Especially with the chance of rain, would of thought that would be of been ideal. Surely they'll have to start earlier tomorrow

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Same reason all the ODI venues needed lights, I guess. Lets a pre-work Indian audience watch the 2nd session from 6.10 to 8.10.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This 6am start is killing me because I have no choice but to stay up late at night watching shows and playing games, because I'm currently jobless and living with my parents, all things provided for, while waiting for uni to begin. Life can be so harsh :\

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
This 6am start is killing me because I have no choice but to stay up late at night watching shows and playing games, because I'm currently jobless and living with my parents, all things provided for, while waiting for uni to begin. Life can be so harsh :\
I know the feeling all too well.