• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

The_Bunny

State Regular
36.1 Khan to Trott, 4 byes, poor delivery to start with, down leg, the exaggerated away movement doesn't help, Dhoni dies in vain
Poor Dhoni:-O

Woodster

International Captain
Ambrose gone now, quickly turning into India's day. Interesting to see how Rashid copes against this attack.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
With his 10th no ball in 7 overs, Ishant Sharma proves why you should not pick a, 6ft 4 and growing, pace bowler.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ishant is having an off day today. He's a lot better than this match suggests, but still raw.

Do you expect Kumble and Powar to make the XI together?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I'd much rather have Powar than either Sharma, Bose or RP Singh.
Sharma's raw, but Bose has been in the wickets for a long time, so he may stand a chance. Likewise RP Singh.

Then we'll let it be Zaheer-Sreesanth-Ganguly-Powar-Kumble? With no chance of a fifth bowler in the team, we can have Ganguly as a third seamer...

viktor

State Vice-Captain
From the reports, it seems that RP is bowling okay. So he will probably play the 1st match but with the other two being at Trent Bridge and Oval, Powar may get a look in if RP doesn't go well.

pup11

International Coach
Sharma's raw, but Bose has been in the wickets for a long time, so he may stand a chance. Likewise RP Singh.

Then we'll let it be Zaheer-Sreesanth-Ganguly-Powar-Kumble? With no chance of a fifth bowler in the team, we can have Ganguly as a third seamer...
I really can't understand why you rating Sharma so highly, he hasn't really set the world on fire in domestic cricket, if domestic bowling statistics were the main criteria for selection then there were other fast bowlers who had more success than him for the last few seasons, i think zonal politics is the main reason why he is currently in the side. In the absence of Sehwag the selectors had to select someone from Delhi to keep the Delhi cricket association happy :dry:. Anyways i would prefer RP as the third seamer he is wayward but still i think he provides a bit of sting to India's attack, if the wicket is assisting spin Kumble is good enough to run through the English batting line-up on his own, so i don't really see a need to play both Powar and Kumble in the same team.

pup11

International Coach
A statement came from Monty saying that he was "sacred of Sachin Tendulkar" and the English pitches are unresponsive to spin bowling, :unsure: now i am really not sure what was Monty trying to achieve there, why would any bowler like to agree that he is sacred of a batsman in the opposition before the start of a series and what does he mean when he says that English pitches are unresponsive to spin bowling these were the same pitches on which he took so many wickets against the Windies just recently.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tbh, I'd doubt that Monty would come out and say 'I'm scared of Sachin'. Epsecially since he is so cliched.
Yeah, seems like something some journo would make up or take out of context. I imagine it went something like this:

Journo: Are you fearful of Sachin Tendulkar?
Monty: Well he's a champion player so he's always a danger, especially given the pitches probably won't suit my bowling all that much.

Headline: Monty Fears Tendulkar, Blasts Groundsmen

Obviously I'm just guessing there, but it seems a lot more likely than Monty admitting to being scared of Tendulkar and blasting the groundsmen. Monty is a confident fellow, but he doesn't take me as someone who disrespect the opposition in pre-match banter or try to create fire off the pitch, so he was probably just paying respect to the opposition when he said whatever he did.