• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Shri

Mr. Glass
So the ****s who have wanted Vijay to be dropped regardless of his scores are tasting it...again.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I think it's absolute balls that there is no DRS in this series. Fine if India dont want it in India but in England, it should be up to the ECB. If india don't want to use it then that's their loss.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol.. maybe they count getting the non no ball calls as correct ones too :) That should easily skew up the numbers in the umps favor, right?

greg

International Debutant
Amazing how the likelihood of a Cook suspension has speeded up England's over-rate dramatically over what they were producing against Sri Lanka. Or maybe they'll claim it is due to the lack of time wasted deciding whether to refer decisions under DRS (and then referring them as well)... ;)

Howe_zat

Audio File
I just put on TMS while I drove home and for the entire 20-minute journey they never mentioned the score or who was batting. I had no idea two wickets had fallen until I got home.

Good job guys

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I just put on TMS while I drove home and for the entire 20-minute journey they never mentioned the score or who was batting. I had no idea two wickets had fallen until I got home.

Good job guys
Any nice cakes or feral pigeons around ?

smash84

The Tiger King
Vijay has played 23 tests already and his average around 37. Looks quite low compared to other indian batsmen

Shri

Mr. Glass
Vijay has played 23 tests already and his average around 37. Looks quite low compared to other indian batsmen
Sees off the new ball really well mostly even if he doesn't score runs at times. Does his job. Will never be world class but is just a good fit to the side atm. Someone better shoul come along ideally and push him out but until then, he has earned his spot.

tl;dr: #BetterThanAlviroPetersen

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since his return to the side, Vijay has more than just "done his job" tbh. Was brilliant at home vs Australia, superb in south Africa and has done the business here. Wasn't his biggest fan, but since sa, I'm a convert.

King Pietersen

International Captain
That should have been taken surely? Terrible anticipation and technique from Cook. Bell would have snaffled that one.