• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Spark

Global Moderator
The pitch is suddenly lookinng a lot different now, isn't it? It is carrying through better for Anderson, although the bounce is still ugly slow and low from Broad's end. Maybe the first session was just the pitch settling down.. Definitely looks a lot more English now and the ball is swinging really well...
Hmm, look at how Rahane was mistiming all those drives, though. Yeah, he's new, but that's not happening on a pitch with some pace.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The pitch is suddenly lookinng a lot different now, isn't it? It is carrying through better for Anderson, although the bounce is still ugly slow and low from Broad's end. Maybe the first session was just the pitch settling down.. Definitely looks a lot more English now and the ball is swinging really well...
Nah still not bouncing to Prior from both end.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, the balls swinging now so the bowlers are bowling a fuller length. Movement through the air has largely taken the wicket out of it. If it starts going gun barrel again and the bowlers have to vary their length it will be the same as it was before lunch.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair as i said above before too, this is the type of wicket so far, where Indian attack is gonna struggle lot more unless clouds come resulting in swinging the ball or the wicket starts actually deteriorating.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@Spark, Adders and Jono:

Well, I still think it is going through better for Anderson.. Also it looks like it has gotten slightly overcast... Or less sunny than it was earlier.. Not sure if that is suddenly aiding the swing. Or maybe they just goot it to reverse now and it is going really well for them.. Either way, the ball is swinging like a million times more now than the 2nd hour of the day and it is definitely making it look a different pitch to bat on, although it is just probably the conditions and reverse that is doing it...

Spark

Global Moderator
@Spark, Adders and Jono:

Well, I still think it is going through better for Anderson.. Also it looks like it has gotten slightly overcast... Or less sunny than it was earlier.. Not sure if that is suddenly aiding the swing. Or maybe they just goot it to reverse now and it is going really well for them.. Either way, the ball is swinging like a million times more now than the 2nd hour of the day and it is definitely making it look a different pitch to bat on, although it is just probably the conditions and reverse that is doing it...
Anderson has proven plenty of times in the past that he knows how to get wickets on a slow deck, so the fact that he's doing so now is not much of shock.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anderson has proven plenty of times in the past that he knows how to get wickets on a slow deck, so the fact that he's doing so now is not much of shock.
I am not talking about wicket taking ability though.. I just think it is carrying through better from that end.. Not that it is any great shakes but I think it is visibly better at that end than the end Broad and Stokes are bowling from...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just been reminded there's no DRS. BCCI are such ****s. Why are they continually allowed to deny the technology? It's not perfect, but with umpiring at the standard it is currently, I'd say we need it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umpires used to get 93% of decisions correct pre DRS? Very unbelievable stat.