• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

FACT - Indigenous Australians have more rights that non-indigenous Australians, incluing special education provisions like AbStudy
Pfffft. Try that with someone else,mate. Care to talk about land ownership rights and reparation rights for families who's kids were kidnapped by the government ?
Recently a state in your country passed a litigation making it illegal for aborigines to buy alcohol coz they are alcoholics ( way to go with non-racism, yeah ?). Thank heavens it hasn't turned into a law yet but given that this is Australia we are talking about, its just a matter of time.

#
# FACT - Asylum seekers and refugees are let on Australian Shores. The adults are kept in Detention Centres
Yeah. Point out to me which other country puts refugees in jails for being refugees ? Detention-center is just your media's politically correct word for jails.

FACT - Children are treated fairly well
yeah, the child is forced apart from their parents and parents are tossed in jail. How bloody fairly treated.

#
# FACT - The conditions of the Indigenous Australians living in country towns is no different to that of African Americans living in Harlem, Enlgishmen living in downtown London, People Living in Chinese Slums or The bums living in Zimbabwe. Poverty is man made and it is a part of life
Except in Australia, there are clear legal precedents keeping the aboriginals in a depressed economic state. Your nation has been cited by even the UN for being one of the most crass nations in human rights. Nuff said, really.

FACT - Before you say that i do nothing, I have been a heavy Social Justice and Refugee campaigner for the last 5 years. I will tell you that things are much better now than have been in the past, and Refugees are treated quite well.
It may be much better by Aussie standards, but that doesn't say much, given how your nation is literally scraping the barrel in this regard.

Prodigy

Cricket Spectator
Scotty, I will discuss Cricket in time. I did not turn this into a political debate, Rollypolly did when he started to compare Australia to Nazi Germany. I will defend my country where it is due.

Where did you get the thought that i am a Racist?

awesam1981

Cricket Spectator
Re

Fair enough .:)

Do u have any proof that Bhajji racially abused Symonds ?
Exactly, there is no proof ! And verdict was based on testimonials from 3 Australian players ! *disbelief

"Monkey" is not racist [ for me as an Indian]. Who decides that calling ones mother whore* is not worse than a racial remark ? Again, it depends on different cultures, different history, ...

For an Indian "racial abuse" is acceptable than hearing words like "bastard". While for an Australian "bastard" may be more acceptable than being called "Money" or " Kangaroo" or whatever.

Off all teams in Cricket , its team Australia who is complaining about "sledging" *what a joke.

Symonds, like Ponting is a crybaby. In Sydney, Symonds started arguing and Harbhajan gave him a word or two. Take it like a man, or find another job!

Symonds should stop crying like a small baby. Just cannot wait for him to play in India cuz "Monkey" is now what he will be called. Indian crowds must have already picked a name for Ponting too, thats if he still continues playing Cricket !
Wondering what Ponting would be called? Let me know and I will pass it on to millions.

That means nothing to me. I have presented to you why I think that Zimbabwe is worse than Australia in what I believe to be a fairly reasonable manner. All you have done is voice your own opinions with no hard evidence and apparently got a bit worked up while doing it. I haven't used google to research my posts, the only resource I have used is the letter which came from the appendix of Nasser Hussain's autobiography, something which I had to find due to your insistence for evidence.
No hard evidence ? You think quoting any damn article from the internet is hard evidence ?
And no, you have not presented ANY evidence on why Zimbabwe is worse than Australia.
You have not presented any comparative study on human rights treatment in Zimbabwe and Australia- you've only put in the Zimbabwe angle.

Scotty

Banned
Scotty, I will discuss Cricket in time. I did not turn this into a political debate, Rollypolly did when he started to compare Australia to Nazi Germany. I will defend my country where it is due.

Where did you get the thought that i am a Racist?
Defend your country when it's due? In a cricket thread? You ruin just about every forum you join with your hijacking of threads, and it looks as if you you're right on track to continue your flattering record.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough .:)

Do u have any proof that Bhajji racially abused Symonds ?
I only have what happened at the hearing, which wouldn't be considered conclusive unless I was actually there. I also wouldn't make wild statements claiming he has being racially abusing people for 50 years.

Prodigy

Cricket Spectator
Pfffft. Try that with someone else,mate. Care to talk about land ownership rights and reparation rights for families who's kids were kidnapped by the government ?
Recently a state in your country passed a litigation making it illegal for aborigines to buy alcohol coz they are alcoholics ( way to go with non-racism, yeah ?). Thank heavens it hasn't turned into a law yet but given that this is Australia we are talking about, its just a matter of time.
So are you saying Abstudy isnt real. I direct you to both the Mabo and Wik cases. It was proven in these cases that any Indigenous Australian can claim native title on any land of which his people have lived on that is still owned by the Government.

Secondly, what is the legislation and what is the state? That supposed litigation is severly illegal against the Australian Consitution amendment, and against the UNDHR

Yeah. Point out to me which other country puts refugees in jails for being refugees ? Detention-center is just your media's politically correct word for jails.
Not jails, actually. Have you been to any detention centres recently? What would be better, putting them in processing centres or sending them back to certain death??

yeah, the child is forced apart from their parents and parents are tossed in jail. How bloody fairly treated.
No actually, the Families are put together

Except in Australia, there are clear legal precedents keeping the aboriginals in a depressed economic state. Your nation has been cited by even the UN for being one of the most crass nations in human rights. Nuff said, really.
Evidence of this?

It may be much better by Aussie standards, but that doesn't say much, given how your nation is literally scraping the barrel in this regard.
Yet again, evidence.

Prodigy

Cricket Spectator
Defend your country when it's due? In a cricket thread? You ruin just about every forum you join with your hijacking of threads, and it looks as if you you're right on track to continue your flattering record.
who are you?

someone from Cricsim i am sure. not suprised really.

I also would make wild statements claiming he has being racially abusing people for 50 years.
Wild is the right word. Demented would be another word to describe the above- unless you can explain how a 27 year old man could be doing anything for 50 years.

ozone

First Class Debutant
No hard evidence ? You think quoting any damn article from the internet is hard evidence ?
And no, you have not presented ANY evidence on why Zimbabwe is worse than Australia.
You have not presented any comparative study on human rights treatment in Zimbabwe and Australia- you've only put in the Zimbabwe angle.
Already stated that this was from Nasser Hussains autobiography, but just to let it sink in, if you read the book, it appears this was the main reason behind England boycotting Zimbabwe in 2003.

Scotty

Banned
who are you?

someone from Cricsim i am sure. not suprised really.
Scott. I've seen you on various rugby league forums such as the Wests Tigers forum and a little bit on Rleague. You better clean your act up if you want to hang around here.

Son Of Coco

Nothing extreme about it. Nazi Germany went around exterminating people for 6-7 years. Austalia went around exterminating for 70+ years. Nazi germany killed 2-3 million, Australia nearly wiped out an entire continent of native inhabitants.
The comparison may be unpalletable to you but it is very much valid.
Nazi Germany killed 6 million actually, but we're not really haggling over numbers. While we're making a comparison is it then ok for me to say that you're obviously fanatical and therefore I don't want you standing anywhere near me wearing a backpack?

Prodigy

Cricket Spectator
Scott. I've seen you on various rugby league forums such as the Wests Tigers forum and a little bit on Rleague. You better clean your act up if you want to hang around here.
What is your username for both these accounts?

I have not been on Wests tigers forum for about 7 months, and I do not hijack threads at Rleague.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Comparing Australia to Nazi Germany is absolutely unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

It stops here! Anyone will wishes to continue along those lines will find themselves sitting on a ban. Please use the Report Post feature if you find another member continuing this and it will be acted upon by the moderation team.

So are you saying Abstudy isnt real. I direct you to both the Mabo and Wik cases. It was proven in these cases that any Indigenous Australian can claim native title on any land of which his people have lived on that is still owned by the Government.
Ofcourse Abstudy isn't real given its implementation is a total sham.
Considering that most aboriginals lived along the east coast and most of east-coast Australia is private property today, this is nothing more than clever legalese to legitimise land-grab and try to come across as 'doing something about it'. I've seen many such type of government posturing in the courtrooms, really.

Secondly, what is the legislation and what is the state? That supposed litigation is severly illegal against the Australian Consitution amendment, and against the UNDHR
Try Queensland.

Not jails, actually. Have you been to any detention centres recently? What would be better, putting them in processing centres or sending them back to certain death??
What would be better is giving them a refugee card, registering them and letting them go wherever they want in Australia- that is how civilized nations conduct their business with refugees, mate.

No actually, the Families are put together
Incorrect and i have personal litigation cases that have dealt with this in the past. One of the many reasons i bid your nation a firm adeu.

Evidence of this?
UNESCO.

Yet again, evidence.
Like i said, no nation has the kind of history of treatment of natives like Australia(barring USA), no nation has such a sick policy towards refugees and no nation has refused to compensate the natives for the kind of barbarity they were put through merely a few decades ago.

taitmachine

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Exactly, there is no proof ! And verdict was based on testimonials from 3 Australian players ! *disbelief

"Monkey" is not racist [ for me as an Indian]. Who decides that calling ones mother whore* is not worse than a racial remark ? Again, it depends on different cultures, different history, ...

For an Indian "racial abuse" is acceptable than hearing words like "bastard". While for an Australian "bastard" may be more acceptable than being called "Money" or " Kangaroo" or whatever.

Off all teams in Cricket , its team Australia who is complaining about "sledging" *what a joke.

Symonds, like Ponting is a crybaby. In Sydney, Symonds started arguing and Harbhajan gave him a word or two. Take it like a man, or find another job!

Symonds should stop crying like a small baby. Just cannot wait for him to play in India cuz "Monkey" is now what he will be called. Indian crowds must have already picked a name for Ponting too, thats if he still continues playing Cricket !
Wondering what Ponting would be called? Let me know and I will pass it on to millions.
I agree what said on the field should stay there, however cricket administration is well & truly moving into the era of political correctness. I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. However people need to accept the process (however bad it is at the moment) as well as umpires decisions.

By crying over decisions like this, pulling out of tours, threatening umpires with sackings shows a lack of character & are proving to be a team of "crybabys" in the eyes of many.

Bad decisions happen to people & teams a lot - its how you react to them that matters. You either drop your head & run away with your tail between your legs or you stand up take it & move on to winning games of cricket.

Comparing Australia to Nazi Germany is absolutely unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

It stops here! Anyone will wishes to continue along those lines will find themselves sitting on a ban. Please use the Report Post feature if you find another member continuing this and it will be acted upon by the moderation team.

uh oh- here comes the Politically-correct 'hush it up' police from across the Tasman sea to rescue their big brothers.

Afterall, how dare i point out that whatever Nazi Germany did, Australia did for longer and in larger numbers ?? For surely, inconvinient truths arn't tolerated, right ?

Son Of Coco

Thank you:sleep: