• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
You have to give Anil some leeway, he just batted his heart out and saw his side lose a match they didn't deserve to lose and littered with controvery over each of the 5 days. I couldn't blame him for feeling the way he did and for shooting his mouth a bit. Hard to be rational after a match like that.

I didn't criticise Ricky for what he said, it's just all of you guys going on about what a great and mature person he is showing himself to be is pretty funny. Bitching about the pitch in Mumbai? Gary Pratt and the injustice of it all?

His conduct wasn't that impressive either. The dummy spit at the Indian journo for asking him a legitimate question made me think "What a wanker."
Ponting has matured greatly since 2005. Few will debate that. And Anil would be angry of course, but if he's going to be angry at anyone, be angry at your bloody team for losing 10 wickets in around 70 overs...but don't pretty much accuse the oppsition of being cheats and playing outside the spirit of the game and then fail to acknowledge the umpire's at the end of the game. That, my friend, is childish and immature behaviour. If Ponting had done the same, he'd be absolutely crucufied. Kumble has definitely gone down a few pegs in my books.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adam Gilchrist also took aim at criticism of Australia's delay in closing their second innings today, shouting "How about that declaration, Tony Greig" while Ponting was conducting a radio interview. The Indian media also made an official complaint to the BCCI about what a journalist called the "humiliating" treatment from Ponting during an abbreviated press conference before he attended the hearing involving Harbhajan.

rofl on ya gilly
:laugh: :laugh:

Good work Gilly

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How can you say basically accusing the other team of cheating and playing outside the spirit of the game and refusing to shake an umpire's hand is carrying yourself with dignity and maturity?
it takes dignity because he hasn't yet muttered a word against the umpires, even though he has been under the extremest provocation to do just that... And the other team didn't play the game in the right spirit simply because they are claiming the odd bump ball catch along the way, when there has been an agreement pre-series that the fielders' word will be accepted.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
facing racism charges based on WHAT? Words from the other team who themselves have quite an untarnished record of not playing with too much integrity?????????? Sure, that is conclusive enough evidence. And yes, you DON'T shake hands of people who are supposed to be neutral and who haven't been... And yes, Australia didn't play to the spirit of the game, claiming so many bump ball catches and all, for starters......
Haha, Jesus. Sometimes sport really brings out the worst in people.

archie mac

International Coach
facing racism charges based on WHAT? Words from the other team who themselves have quite an untarnished record of not playing with too much integrity?????????? Sure, that is conclusive enough evidence. And yes, you DON'T shake hands of people who are supposed to be neutral and who haven't been... And yes, Australia didn't play to the spirit of the game, claiming so many bump ball catches and all, for starters......
They are no better or worse than any other team when it comes to appealing, and it is very hard to tell on 2d if in fact the ball touches the ground

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, blaming Anil for being undiplomatic is a bit unfair - if he'd fronted the media this morning, rather than last night, that would be different.

I thought Ponting was provoked but overreacted a bit.

sideshowtim

Banned
Haha, absolutely ridiculous mate. Are you suggesting that Ponting MADE UP the racism allegations in some sort of conspiracy? Bloody hell...That's ridiculous, but i've come to expect the ridiculous from Indian fans in the last couple of days.

Claiming so many bump balls? Show me a time when we claimed a bump ball thanks mate. I want conclusive evidence.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ponting has matured greatly since 2005. Few will debate that. And Anil would be angry of course, but if he's going to be angry at anyone, be angry at your bloody team for losing 10 wickets in around 70 overs...but don't pretty much accuse the oppsition of being cheats and playing outside the spirit of the game and then fail to acknowledge the umpire's at the end of the game. That, my friend, is childish and immature behaviour. If Ponting had done the same, he'd be absolutely crucufied. Kumble has definitely gone down a few pegs in my books.
bowled out? Wat abt the 2 howlers and the one doubtful one? And why shouldn't he be angry when it is blatantly obvious that the umpires have screwed ONE team in this match?

duffer

Like I said we'll never know if he has changed unless we see another match where the rub of the green goes hugely against Australia and it costs them a match.

Seeing as though 2 of our set batsmen were given out when they shouldn't have been doesn't come into consideration when measuring our second innings performance?

Son Of Coco

yes they were...

That is the same as saying everything in Australia is based on the color of your skin.....
I meant were they wrong re: Harbajhan...I'd be happy to admit they know nothing about the caste system :happy: I guess we'll find out through the appeal. It's a funny decision to arrive at with no evidence though.

Johnners

How is it Australias (or Pontings for that matter) fault that the umpires were shocking HB? Sick of the 13 v 11 comments, as they are quite simply unfair on the Australian players.

sideshowtim

Banned
it takes dignity because he hasn't yet muttered a word against the umpires, even though he has been under the extremest provocation to do just that... And the other team didn't play the game in the right spirit simply because they are claiming the odd bump ball catch along the way, when there has been an agreement pre-series that the fielders' word will be accepted.
It takes dignity to dust yourself off, say "Bad decisions happen sometimes, there's not much we can do about it", accept that the team who played better overall cricket won, get your team to lift their chins and come back twice as hard in Perth. Kumble hasn't done any of this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, absolutely ridiculous mate. Are you suggesting that Ponting MADE UP the racism allegations in some sort of conspiracy? Bloody hell...That's ridiculous, but i've come to expect the ridiculous from Indian fans in the last couple of days.

Claiming so many bump balls? Show me a time when we claimed a bump ball thanks mate. I want conclusive evidence.
nope, I am saying that Tendulkar and Kumble won't have lied either...

Are you saying that Tendulkar and Kumble, both of whom have a better track record in terms of behaviour than Ponting, are LYING?????

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
HB - examples on the bump ball issue please? There's the one he himself took, which half the people here think was a legit catch (but fair enough the umpire didn't give it out), and the Clarke one off Ganguly, which both Clarke and Ponting believed got to him on the full. I would have been annoyed if I was Ponting, because I think he actually took that catch fairly.

The standing when you know you've knicked an edge is a more serious issue IMO.

sideshowtim

Banned
Like I said we'll never know if he has changed unless we see another match where the rub of the green goes hugely against Australia and it costs them a match.

Seeing as though 2 of our set batsmen were given out when they shouldn't have been doesn't come into consideration when measuring our second innings performance?
Dravid was the only one who you can conclusively say wasn't out.

The other 9 batsmen? What's their excuse? They were bowled out within 70 overs...Not good enough for one of the best batting line ups in the world I'm afraid.